Search results for query: headphone amp review

1. amirm

ZMF Bokeh Headphone Review

This is a review, listening tests, EQ and detailed measurements of the ZMF Bokeh closed back headphone. It is was sent to me by the company and costs US $1,100. Typical of other ZMF headphones, it has a gorgeous wood construction. They are chunky for lack of a better descriptor but were...
  2. amirm

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the JDS Labs Atom Amp 2 headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $129. The solid metal case makes an instant impression, erasing memories of the plastic case of the previous generation. A white LED...
  3. amirm

Schiit Midgard Headphone Amp Review (Video)

Here is the companion video review of the Schiit Midgard headphone amplifier. It is rather short (for me :) ) at 15 minutes. If you haven't subscribed, please go to youtube and do so. Videos are not monetized but we need to make sure our voice travels as far as the ones that are.
  4. amirm

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, detailed measurements and listening tests of SMSL VMV P2 balanced stereo headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $999. The design follows the new look of the VMV D2R DAC. I am not a big fan of the new look but maybe you are. Nice to see the three...
  5. amirm

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit KARA balanced preamplifier and headphone amp with stepped relay control. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $699. Oh wait... that is the picture of our dog, Kara! :D Here is the Schiit version: As I have...
  6. amirm

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit Midgard balanced headphone amplifier and preamp. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $219. While I am not a fan of the symbols Schiit uses instead of proper labels, there are only two to learn which is no big...
  7. amirm

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

This is a review, listening tests, EQ and detailed measurements of the HIFIMAN Susvara Planar Magnetic Headphone. It was kindly drop shipped by a member and costs US $6,000. Owner was advised that the Benchmark AHB2 power amplifier would be the right device to power it so I tested it with that...
  8. amirm

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests, and detailed measurements of Fosi Audio SK02 USB powered DAC and balanced headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $99.99 (€99.00). The SK02 is excellently designed. Having it horizontal gives comfortable access to the rotary volume...
  9. amirm

Fosi Audio SK-01 Headphone Amplifier Review

This is a review, listening test and detailed measurements of the Fosi Audio SK-01 Headphone amp and preamplifier. It is was sent to me by the company and costs US $80. You can quickly see what distinguishes the SK-01 from myriad of other headphone amps: inclusion of tone control and loudness...
  10. amirm

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Juson Audio JTA35 stereo hybrid tube amplifier including DAC, Bluetooth, Phono input and headphone out. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $180. As if all that functionality was not enough, we even have a pretty VU meter! And oh...
  11. amirm

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro portable DAC and headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $70. I really like the fresh look of the BHD. There is a red LED that lights up the tiny ICs in there, giving it some elegance. There...
  12. amirm

SMSL D12 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening test and detailed measurements of the SMSL D12 stereo USB DAC with Bluetooth support. It was sent to me by the company and is selling for US $126. The D12 deviates from typical SMSL DAC by using a 7 segment display. It is white and get hyper bright (there are many...
  13. amirm

E1DA Cosmos ADCiso Review

It would be but one could start with first steps. For example, how to measure SINAD and FFT per my dashboard for a DAC. Or headphone amp. The ideal solution would be a fresh new app to create the needed measurements. Having to learn to use REW, Arta, etc. creates its own barrier. And at the...
  14. amirm

Schiit Midgard - new amp bold claims.

Review just posted: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/schiit-midgard-balanced-headphone-amp-review.48653/ :)
  15. amirm

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

My job is to properly test a headphone and not baby it. It is not like I connected a 10,000 gigawatt amplifier to it and complained. I used my everyday headphone amp and it created static when my everyday headphone does not remotely do that. Nor have countless other headphones I have tested...
  16. amirm

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

The DAC is what drives the headphone amp so I am testing both. It sounds excellent if you don't push the headphone amp (and hence only hearing the DAC). As I reported in the review though, there is no special sauce that I am hearing.
  17. amirm

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

They both lack it. What HD650 has which Caldera doesn't is incredibly good lower to mid treble. It puts a smile on my face every time I use it to test a headphone amp. The Caldera is the opposite with a dull sound as I reported in the review. Add some bass EQ to HD650 and it becomes a huge...
  18. amirm

Eleven XIAudio Broadway Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Eleven XIAudio Broadway balanced battery operated desktop headphone amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member and costs US $2,599. As you see, the unit only supports balanced headphone output. The volume control has excellent...
  19. amirm

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of Topping L70 balanced headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $349. The L70 has the beautiful white segmented display. It is the most visible/high contrast display I have seen on an audio product. Volume control is very...
  20. amirm

Is this site about AUDIO Science Review, HiFi S.R., or MEASUREMENT S.R.?

I don't understand the distinctions in the poll. As a general rule, I am more a fan of lose than tight. I don't like forums where members are heavily policed on strict guidelines of what to post. This is why you see me posting reviews in the context of threads and allow fair amount of drift...
Top Bottom