• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I got my Sabaj D5 from Amazon the other day and in less than ten-songs-worth of enjoyment, I heard a loud screeching noise before it turned in to a $500.00 boat anchor. I'm so happy Amazon accepted my return and a refund is already on its way. The ten songs I got to listen too sounded great though.

I had an iFi that did that

gvl

Major Contributor
@amirm, did you happen to check the frequency response over the headphone output when you had the unit?

Malis

Here is an unboxing video of the DAC/AMP in my friends Youtube channel. It was bought because of this review:

Hi. I want to update my Sabaj D5 that have now a version 1.2 and I want to instaal version 1.6 software, but have lot af problems. I use segger j-link version 6.50b for windos..but first wil stm32VC.jflash not come, but final i foud it a plce on inbternet, next problems is tha Sabaj D5 1v6 file...i not can find...i have follow that SABAJ D5 Firmware upgrade instructions.pdf but lot of think i not can see. Ihave the kit with usb cable...what do i wrong?? Bet Regards from Henrik

okay sorry, but i dont under stand alli can not see all that happen on the video..i understand the first..and all go extreemly fast no text or something...end only i want is fid the hex file...but where is it?? I have got the STM32VC flash file.

but where did i find it, ar the hex file came from segger firmware or where....sorry i don´t understand..only i want is good sound from a good dac connect to my aragon 8008 with xlr connect...it works :)

and taht failed under indstall...:-(
- JLinkARM.dll V6.50b (DLL compiled Sep 6 2019 17:57:35)
Creating new project ...
- New project created successfully
Saving project file [C:\Users\abhec\OneDrive\Dokumenter\SABAJ D5 Firmware\STM32VC.jflash] ...
- Project saved successfully
Close project
- Project closed
Opening project file [C:\Users\abhec\OneDrive\Dokumenter\SABAJ D5 Firmware\STM32VC.jflash] ...
- Project opened successfully
Failed to open data file [C:\Users\abhec\OneDrive\Dokumenter\SABAJ D5 Firmware\]...

HI, is somewhere here, that can tell my what max out put for rca output for Sabaj D5, normally for cd players are max 2 volt.?

officialsm

The Sabaj d5 versus Topping D90SE could be compared?
Do you think Will be differences ti earing?

gvl

Major Contributor
It’s very doubtful you’ll hear any differences between the 2, they are even based on the same ESS chip, so even the silly “DAC chip sound signature” argument doesn’t apply.

officialsm

It’s very doubtful you’ll hear any differences between the 2, they are even based on the same ESS chip, so even the silly “DAC chip sound signature” argument doesn’t apply.

Corretto but maybe different sound and sound quality (soundstage depth, instruments) Will be affected by output stage (ops, clock and so on)

Top Bottom