• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[SOLD] RME ADI-2 DAC FS, very good condition, 4 years warranty.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Why are you creating such a fuss about a guy selling a DAC.

Really was this worth all the time ? It's certainly not worth my time so please seek out more worthy topics.

:) What a beautiful Geordie accent you have!
(Of course we know you've not!) Hahaha!

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@VintageFlanker seems to know he's being a bit illogical, a bit of upgradeitus is all we have.
Thanks for these kind words, Thomas!;) And kudos to @Purité Audio, @Veri, @Willem and @Bliman for trying to dissuade me of pulling the trigger. In fact, you're all great ASR folks, 100% on the rational side... and me in my emotional/nonsense period. But, Christmas is coming, time for stupid purchases, right?:cool:

Funny, and really unexpected direction this thread takes... Never seen this before. First time I saw members trying to prevent a sale and even more unusual, saying it is too cheap!:D

Long live ASR !!

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Honestly, I would rather not. I'm afraid that with shipping costs and taxes, this wouldn't be a good deal for you. :confused:

I can check how much would it cost to send it overseas. But I have no clue about custom fees you would have to pay...

I had forgotten about fees and taxes (that would add around 10% to the price).
Also I just checked the exchange rate :(

Nango

Major Contributor
VintageFlaker said himself that he might be doing sth stupid, so he seems to be fully aware of his actions potentialy not being completely rational [...]

Doing sth stupid has always a cost, he should feel it and offer the ADI-2 at €500 ..... let it be painful :) !!!

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had forgotten about fees and taxes (that would add around 10% to the price).
Also I just checked the exchange rate :(
Just checked, for the record: Assuming the parcel will weight 3Kg (original box and well protected), with Colissimo International: 54,55€ without insurance. I assume it would be 70-75€ with 649€ insurance (and no way I send anything without). So let say a total of 724€ (≈1179 AUD) shipped + exchanges rates , I'm not sure it is worth it. Do you?
Doing sth stupid has always a cost, he should feel it and offer the ADI-2 at €500 ..... let it be painful :) !!!
Hahaha. I'm not that crazy yet!:p

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just checked, for the record: Assuming the parcel will weight 3Kg (original box and well protected), with Colissimo International: 54,55€ without insurance. I assume it would be 70-75€ with 649€ insurance (and no way I send anything without). So let say a total of 724€ (≈1179 AUD) shipped + exchanges rates , I'm not sure it is worth it. Do you?

Hahaha. I'm not that crazy yet!:p

Assuming I could actually get an exchange rate that gets me AUD1179, there would possibly be 10% tax (assuming customs charge it, they don’t always).
That takes it close to AUD 1,300.

New price here is $1,700 (hifi ain’t cheap here)
Still not a bad saving but probably not worth the hassle.

Nostro

Assuming I could actually get an exchange rate that gets me AUD1179, there would possibly be 10% tax (assuming customs charge it, they don’t always).
That takes it close to AUD 1,300.

New price here is $1,700 (hifi ain’t cheap here)
Still not a bad saving but probably not worth the hassle.

Fairly certain you'd not pay sales tax on second hand goods. You'd likely need to value the item just under AUD $1000 (to be reasonably sure) and make it clear it's a used item.

Cheers!

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Time for reflexion is over. The unit is on sale. :facepalm:

Pictures of the detailed condition updated.

Beware: I will post it also on Tellement Nomade, already one folk also interested over there.

Renzo

Hi Vintage, I´m interested but was looking at current prices for the new one and Nord is offering it for GBP 699 and even offering a GBP 25 promo that drops it to GBP 674, which is approx € 785. So you might need to drop it further if you want to sell it quick...

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nord is offering it for GBP 699 and even offering a GBP 25 promo that drops it to GBP 674, which is approx € 785. So you might need to drop it further if you want to sell it quick...
Well, looks like you missed something... Nord sells the ADI-2 for 699£... EXC VAT. :cool:

@Buddelpudding is in discussion, anyway.

Top Bottom