• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: RME ADI-2 DAC FS - $950

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm selling my RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I have owned it since summer 2022. Condition is reasonably described as a 10 on the Audiogon scale. Presumably given its age it is the ESS version. EDIT: Per member @biglebowski below the "b" in the serial number indicates the DAC chip is AKM 4493. I still don't care either way. :) All original accessories (remote was taken out of bubble wrap and used for the first time today, to verify that it was the correct one!), manual, and box/packing material are included.

ADI-2 DAC front.png
ADI-2 DAC back.png
ADI-2 DAC w acces.png

ADI-2 DAC right side.pngADI-2 DAC left side.pngADI-2 DAC bottom.pngADI-2 DAC packed.png

As you see in the pictures above, I replaced it with an ADI-2 Pro FS. The only reasons were to improve my nearfield monitors (which I could previously not connect to the ADI-2 DAC because their controller only has digital inputs) by adding loudness compensation, and to reduce desktop clutter by using the same front end for headphones and monitors. However, I needed the Pro model's digital out to feed my monitor controller to make that work.

This RME ADI-2 DAC FS is in Chicago, 60607. If shipping is required I will ship double-boxed with a nondescript outer box.

Attachments

• ADI-2 DAC front.png
    ADI-2 DAC front.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
  • ADI-2 DAC back.png
    ADI-2 DAC back.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • ADI-2 DAC left side.png
    ADI-2 DAC left side.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Normal ADI has loudness control. Why you mention that?
Yes, to be clear all ADI-2 models include the same complement of signal processing features: loudness, crossfeed, 5 band PEQ or highpass/lowpass plus high shelf and low shelf filters. However, this ADI-2 DAC FS does not have digital outputs, which is why I moved to the Pro FS. With Pro one gets loudness compensation for both monitors (digital out into controller) and headphones (when plugged in front). But if digital outputs are not useful (and in most home audio configurations they are not) ADI-2 DAC FS is a better front end than ADI-2 Pro FS simply because it's (marginally) less complex.

OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Price reduction: $925

Top Bottom