• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are your top 3 IEM ?

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I don't have that many, but I use all of them with EQ, so don't judge by their default frequency response. What I learned over time is that the fit is most important so for me:

1. Kiwi Ears Quintet
2. Mangird Tea 2
3. Moondrop Aria

The Tea2s have big and shallow fitting nozzles, I use them with L or XL size tips, the Quintets are long thin nozzles and I use S/M tips with them. It works much better for me, but that is probably due to my own ear canal resonance/size/whatever. Rather than buy IEMs by technology or frequency response I will rather look for good fitting ones, though I have to say the Quintets are so perfect, it's hard to want for something else.

Last edited:

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Tri HBB Kai is my my standard. Very comfortable, zero harshness, clean warm sound. Just wish for more upper treble extension but that doesnt affect the overall experience since most of music happens below 15khz.

muza_1

1. CCA Trio.
2. Truthear Zero:RED (EQed).
3. Moondrop Chu II or 7Hz Zero:2 (EQed) for use connected directly to the 3.5 port.
Had to mention KZ Castor (both Silver and Black) they are really good for the price (+/- $10).

I mostly use the CCA Trio.

OP
G

gat3keeper

Hidizs MP145 and ARTTI R1 are the two I use the most.
FiiO FH9 would be up there if the built quality wasn't the worst I have ever experienced.
I'm seeing good reviews of Hidizs MP145. I think I should buy this as well.

OP
G

gat3keeper

My favorites so far:

Final Audio A5000 - I can listen music all day long using this IEM.
Simgot EA500LM - Solid performer for the price. Changing nozzles with different eartips is fun.
TanchJim Zero - all around performer for the price. Very solid sound from this little boy.

Turambar

Truthear Zero Red, Moondrop Variations and Meze Rai Penta are the three I use more often lately.

drewdawg999

I only have 3: Truthear Zero Red, Etymotics ER4S, and Hifiman RE-400B. The Hifiman lags far behind and is matched with the HM-700 DAP. I love the Zero Reds, great bang for the buck, no need for EQ and huge bass, especially with the 10 ohm adapter. The Ety is ancient, I needed to replace the cable (which I did cheaply from China). But they have a special quality to them, especially in the highs, but they benefit greatly from EQ, needing help in the bass department.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Moondrop Kato - Fun factor and very versatile if someone wants one pair for music and gaming.
7hz Salnotes Zero:2 Great tuning, no eq needed and inexpensive enough to take on the road without worry.
7hz Timeless original with fun bass slam. Not the AE version though, which has a dynamic bass driver which sounds like everything else out there.

USER

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just want to add that the Artti R2 (especially with Moondrop Spring Tips) has now replaced the 7Hz x Crinacle Zero: 2 in my top 3 IEM ranking.

graph (86).png
graph (87).png

graph (84).png

DS_Construct

Empire Ears Odyssey
Thieaudio V16
Empire Ears Legend X

Somafunk

Major Contributor

virtua

I basically only use KZ Castor Standard now after having a dozen or so IEMs. Would like to try the Truthear Nova eventually, but I'm happy with these.

admiralnorman

1. Moondrop Kato - really impressed at how fast it destroys the diminishing returns of the higher end in their own line-up.
2. Thieaudio Monarch mkII - these are magic i say. MAGIC.
3. Truthear Hola - I bought a bunch of the $20ish dollar stuff, and it genuinely confuses my that 1. anyone would thin anything else in the class is better. 2. that the DISCONTINUED it.

Basically, i love how good they can make IEMs for a reasonable budget.

hikkiDO

1. Moondrop Kato- Compatible level with Sennheiser 6XX or even better on bass. Very crispy sound. 9/10
2. Apple Airpod Pro- Good noise cancelling. Sound is good 7/10
3. Tangzu Wan'ner- Good common iem, 7/10 sound

dasherzx

1. truthear zero red. i preferred it very much over the blessing 2 dusk and ier-z1r (for real)
2. truthear zero
3. idk. my reds went kaput just last week. anything you guys suggest? im thinking the truthear novas

Top Bottom