• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Monoprice T4

• Thread starter Deleted member 69358
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 69358

So the Monoprice T4 speaker pair arrived on time after some drama about only getting one tracking number. I got them for $69 each shipped from the Monoprice store on Newegg

The T4 speakers themselves were well packaged and arrived undamaged after the FedEx guy drop kicked them into my yard. If your packaging survives the FedEx driver, you did good. Each box contained 1 speaker, a grill, 4 screws and two weighted feet that extend about an inch on each side. Super easy to put the feet on. and for a skinny speaker, they seem pretty stable. Cabinets seem decent enough, they appear to be solid. It is nice that the edges of the top are rounded.

Speakers are smaller than I excepted but they are adorable little speakers and exactly the perfect size for the intended use. I think overall, a good start for her first "gown up" system.

I connected them to a Fosi Audio BT30D Pro with 32v 5amp power brick that I had picked up on Amazon for $88.99. All in, the speakers and amp were about $240 with tax. That is what I had originally paid for her LG shelf system and will be a nice little birthday present.

Playing MP3s from my phone through Bluetooth sounded pretty good to me. I was a little surprised that a 4" woofer could actually thump a little. I guess that is what they called punchy bass. My Decibel X phone app showed average spl of 75 with peaks of 90 at 3 feet away with the Fosi at half volume. Was pretty loud to me. The graph showed a range of 60hz to 12khz.

In the photo that is my JBL A180 in the background for size comparison.

20240207_231040.jpg

Top Bottom