Recent content by Tup3x

1. Tup3x

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

In my experience HD 660S sound very muffled, muddy and lacks detail and doesn't have as smooth texture as HD 650. My HD 6XX has airier sound Also doesn't have the same full bodies sound as HD 650/600/58X (I do wear glasses, the way 58X and 650 are tuned can very well be beneficial when it comes...
  2. Tup3x

List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filters

Would be just much more simpler to open Windows volume mixer and mute system sound.
  3. Tup3x

Incredible Sound Quality and Mediocre Build + Comfort or Mediocre Sound Quality and Incredible Build + Comfort

There's no point in sound quality if the headphone is a torture device physically.
  4. Tup3x

AKG K712 Pro Review (Headphone)

Well, that measurement graph looks pretty much how I perceived it. It had "holes". When I wanted to upgrade my HD 595s (because they were falling apart - you might guess where), I bought Sennheiser HD 700. After listening to them one minute I packed them and returned them. Then I bought these...
  5. Tup3x

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

At least my HD 660S sound very dark and lacks clarity and detail. It sound like the sound comes under the ground or there's billows between the driver and ears. Somehow the 6K area is too pronounced relative to surrounding. It makes the treble sound opposite of smooth but not more detailed. In...
  6. Tup3x

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Just received my replacement unit today. That was a long wait but it's finally back. I must say that Topping's apology letter probably doesn't help (in fact, it does the opposite...). I'd highly appreciate it if manuals, website and other documents would be translated properly (by actual...
  7. Tup3x

how much headphone amp is enough???

If you have a microphone enabled & connected it might be a good idea to do this: Sometimes that can mess up the volume depending on the use case.
  8. Tup3x

Looks like Drop might be 'dropping' a HD800

Looks good up to 1kHz and the rest doesn't make sense.
  9. Tup3x

Superlux HD668B Review (headphone)

I do have HD668B... IMO it's a physical and aural torture device. Hurts to use it in so many ways.
  10. Tup3x

Good thing I bought mine from Finland so replacement should be straight forward and the shop is on top of the situation.
  11. Tup3x

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

I can only use my "HD 600" if I take my HD 58X apart since I happen to have just two HD 600 driver capsules. They do have other differences other than frequency response, fore example, HD 600 plays a bit louder. Out of all HD 600 series headphones (including HD 58X) HD 660S is the most different.
  12. Tup3x

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Personally I haven't found anything that I would like more than my HD 6XX. HD 600 is close but sounds a bit artificial and ear straining. HD 6XX just sounds like I expect things to sound and "the feel" is right - how it creates the sound stage, depth, position and all. It "sounds full" and can...
  13. Tup3x

Really? To me L30 11.00 (~40%), E30 -12dB and L30 on unity gain is pretty much the limit. Anything higher and it wouldn't be comfortable and I'd start to worry about my hearing.
  14. Tup3x

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Been swapping between HD 6XX, "HD 600" and HD 660 S again and I can't help it - both HD 6XX and HD 600 just sound better to my ear. Imaging, staging, frequency response, texture, clarity, bottom rumble and sharpness. HD 660 S sound like there's a blanket between the driver and the ear - it...
  15. Tup3x

And here I'd be perfectly happy with -18dB gain... Currently have E30 at -17,5dB and O2 around 10-11 o'clock (unity gain).
Top Bottom