Recent content by differenceclouds

1. differenceclouds

Harrison Labs In-line Crossover Review (RCA)

I have a pair of inline attenuators that I got from them, perfect for my application. I had an old preamp with a fixed level of noise on the output (volume independent), putting the attenuators between the pre and the power amp solved the problem perfectly. Would be curious to see how...
  2. differenceclouds

Aliante Caterham Model 7 (Italian remake of Sequerra Met 7) article, lots of graphs!

I emailed the company and they said they did have a prototype floor model available.... I didn't bite the bullet though. Maybe you should email them!
  3. differenceclouds

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

I own a pair of Wharfedale Diamond III's from 1985 and they are pretty nice. Really airy compared to a lot of other budget speakers from the 80s. Modern stuff is a different league though.
  4. differenceclouds

Audio Interface software comparison: MOTU Ultralite Mk5 vs RME Fireface UC

wrote a bit about it here: MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface) It is not without its quirks, but I've very happy with it.
  5. differenceclouds

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

agreed, a mic activator is not necessary for this thing. Now, if you are interested in boutique preamps to *add* color, that's another story.
  6. differenceclouds

MOTU UltraLite-mk5 Review (Audio Interface)

Ultralite owner here! Looking at the EQ which gave the issue in the driver settings, every channel that supports the EQ has each filter on but at a flat setting. it is rather annoying that you have to turn off each filter individually for every channel (so that's 4 switches for each channel...
  7. differenceclouds

Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 Review (Tube Amplifier)

I appreciate the charts but not listening to it and not even touching the phono stage is disrespectful
  8. differenceclouds

Recommendations for Audio Interface Upgrade

It sounds like you have a pretty interesting setup already! I'm very curious about your mics. Did you buy kits or build from scratch? It does seem like your interface is the most lightweight item in your setup, but as far as final *sound* goes, you may be on the right track thinking more about...
  9. differenceclouds

PS Audio speaks

I realized something was up with PS audio when he called the optical output built into the headphone jack of the mac mini "cheesy." It's a toslink connection that goes up to 192,000hz built into a mass market, affordable computer, he should be praising it! A universal stereo connection to...
  10. differenceclouds

Recommendations for Audio Interface Upgrade

The recently released MOTU ultralite mk5 seems to have everything you're looking for and at the right price: https://motu.com/en-us/products/gen5/ultralite-mk5/specs/ It is very new and hasn't been properly reviewed anywhere, but expect performance similar to the M2 and M4...
  11. differenceclouds

Update: I went ahead and ordered one, so I'll report my findings.
  12. differenceclouds

Hey there! I'm not sure how many producers frequent this forum, but on the off chance someone has familiarity with both RME products and (newer) MOTU products, I wanted to ask for a bit of comparison. I am confident at this point that MOTU interfaces all have great hardware specs, and at less...
  13. differenceclouds

Anyone tried the Sound Artist LS3/5A (or other clones)?

The falcons are $3000, not interested in that...
  14. differenceclouds

Anyone tried the Sound Artist LS3/5A (or other clones)?

Available here: https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/soundartist-amplifier-speaker-c-78/soundartist-ls3-5a-monitor-bookshelf-speakers-loudspeakers-pair-p-2320?zenid=2063e200a2bfd37984bc516c8ff74226 I read a subjective review comparing them to the Falcon remakes unfavorably. It said basically that...
  15. differenceclouds

USB audio interfaces interest

in general minimum volume for mic inputs is line level. Impedance might be different than a standard line input however.
Top Bottom