Recent content by Denon545

1. D

Monoprice THX-365IW Review (In-wall Speaker)

Great to see in-wall speakers being reviewed. I am doing a home theater build with 3 in wall speakers (LCR) behind an acoustically transparent screen. Having always been a floor standing speaker guy, would it make sense to get in wall speakers that can be aimed? Toe-in is always a big deal on...
  2. D

Bose TV Speaker Soundbar Review

What a time to be alive. Keep up the excellent work OP! Vizio soundbars have been pretty well regarded, so looking forward to what the data shows. Thanks so much!
  3. D

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Thank you both! Yes, toe-in helped. I had them aimed past the outside of each shoulder. I aimed them a little more towards the main listening position and it bought the vocals forward. Never really experienced that with other speakers before.
  4. D

I am finding that the Elac DFR52's have some recession in the midrange. Seems as if the singer is behind the band on a lot of tracks. Do you notice this with your pair? I am running Audyssey XT32, but have it limited to 200hz and below. I might try running it full range to see if it can...
  5. D

JBL A130 VS Infinity Reference 162

They have free returns if you order direct. You could do a head-to-head comparison and return the loser.
  6. D

Revel F35 Speaker Review

I haven't heard the C25, but I have the RC263 and it is the best center I have heard and I've tried a bunch. SVS Ultra, Klipsch RC-64 III, Elac, etc.
  7. D

What are your thoughts on the DFR52's? In my room, they are some of the best measuring speakers I have had- sound pretty good too. This is with no EQ. Room mode around 150hz or so or else it would be even better.
  8. D

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I didn’t find the Ultra center to be that bright. It just sounded small. It seemed narrow as well, like the sound didn’t expand past the speaker width/horizontally.
  9. D

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Not to get too far off topic, but doesn't Olive/Toole and others not recommend EQ above the transition frequency of about 300-500hz? I noticed that when I run Audyssey XT32 full range, I lose some space and separation. But when I limit it to about 300hz that space and instrument separation...
  10. D

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

I've auditioned the SVS Ultra center as well as the Infinity RC263. I was surprised at how much better the Infinity sounds.
  11. D

Please share your thoughts on those when you can.
  12. D

Revel F35 Speaker Review

Just looking at how these measure, it would almost seem like the cheaper JBL Stage series measures about as good and for a lot less money. Am I missing something?
  13. D

amir makes splash on reddit

This is exactly the way I see it. Case in point- Elac Uni-Fi 2.0. I go on youtube and there are all these glowing reviews from the usual suspects. I get tempted and order a pair from Crutchfield only to find the treble is shelved. How did these get such glowing reviews, maybe I am just not...
  14. D

Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Review (bookshelf speaker)

I have the tower version of this speaker (uni-fi 2.0 UF52) and I am able to recreate the same issue with the Eva Cassidy track. These are being boxed up and returned to Crutchfield. I am not over powering them/ the amp is a 200 watt Monolith. I didn’t care for how dull the speakers sounded to...
  15. D

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

I've run phantom center some and it is really good. My room is a little asymmetrical and I sit closer to the right side, so I am away from the sweet spot in the middle. Which is why I like the A125C. If you are more towards the center, and in the sweetspot, the phantom effect would be good.
Top Bottom