• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

JBL A130 VS Infinity Reference 162

Grierts

Just curious if anyone has had the chance to compare these two ?

I can get the JBLs for $250
and the Infinity's R162 for about $346

I have an irregular open space living room.

I will be pairing it with a :
Emotiva Airmotiv C1+ - $250

I am contemplating the:

SVS PB-1000 Pro or the Rythmik Audio LV12F

Denon545

They have free returns if you order direct. You could do a head-to-head comparison and return the loser.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the JBL Stage A130 with Amir's EQ and DIRAC, and it's the best speaker I have ever listened to at that price range.

it's incredible, and it can go pretty loud before any audible distortion appears.

I think the only thing that would surpass its bang for the buck is the Neumann KH120 active monitors, but they're 1300$ a pair.

Sonny1

I’m going to pick up the JBLs when they go on sale. I have the Infinity R152’s from the last sale and really like them. For the money, $130 delivered on sale, I’ve never heard anything as good sounding on my modest office system. Highly recommended.

OP
G

Grierts

Any reason not to consider the comparably priced Emotiva B1+ to better match your Emotiva C1+ center?

I found the A130's for $250.

The Emotivas were like $330.

So just price. and I heard they are somewhat equal in performance.

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The B1+ is currently listed in stock on the Emotiva website for $249 per pair. If you're outside the US then you may not have access to that pricing. Nothing at all wrong with the A130s if you can get them at a lower price than the B1+.

CardiganB

I have the JBL Stage A130 with Amir's EQ and DIRAC, and it's the best speaker I have ever listened to at that price range.

it's incredible, and it can go pretty loud before any audible distortion appears.

I think the only thing that would surpass its bang for the buck is the Neumann KH120 active monitors, but they're 1300$ a pair.
No need to eq A130 if you flip their phase to correct the error.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
the infinity is really getting on... i'd actually love a set given they have almost acheived 'classic' status

harman here where blowing them out during covid for like $200?

but i mean this is almost a no brainer... the infinity has bigger cone and they are 'higher class' than JBL

and i dislike the A130 5" cone

I quite like my older Arena 130 w/ 7" cone

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No need to eq A130 if you flip their phase to correct the error.
Flipping the total polarity of any loudspeaker won't change anything in its amplitude response and thus doesn't work as a corrective EQ.

CardiganB

Flipping the total polarity of any loudspeaker won't change anything in its amplitude response and thus doesn't work as a corrective EQ.
Ummm....where did I say they need EQ correction?? I listen with treble dropped one notch sometimes and with some discs I don't change anything. I can increase bass as much I WANT to without getting mud now that phase is corrected.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ummm....where did I say they need EQ correction?? I listen with treble dropped one notch sometimes and with some discs I don't change anything. I can increase bass as much I WANT to without getting mud now that phase is corrected.
Because as said already several times to you from everyone reversing the total polarity won't change anything in that regard, only some operation like EQ could have such an influence.

CardiganB

I'd like to express my sympathy to you guys who can't recognize phase distortion. It must suck to have a high fidelity audio system without the high fidelity hearing to go with it. (actually I guess it wouldn't really matter because posturing apparently makes up for it). BTW anyone who hates Grado's budget headphones should try pulling that stupid mesh circle off the grill, you know the thingy that attenuates a huge chunk of the spectrum and renders them too bright while reducing transparency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom