• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
I bought my Su-9 and M500 new from Ebay sellers. I have been given the runaround from 2 people at SMSL (Kelly and Mandy). They say either that SMSL people will email a solution that never comes or contact the seller, and the seller doesn't respond to inquiries. No solution has been proposed, even shipping the product back to China. SMSL is not addressing the issue and probably never will. Buyer beware.
Hello, Pls email us your order info, we'll help to remind the seller, [email protected].

fluxcapacitor

prices of SU9 dacs down to 250$ level, is it due to issue discussed here? do you think buying from Aliexpress is safe now and they ship fixed version?

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
prices of SU9 dacs down to 250$ level, is it due to issue discussed here? do you think buying from Aliexpress is safe now and they ship fixed version?
where did you see this price? shenzenaudio has it for just north of $410
Amazon has it for $404.

Bds3151

Update on my issues with the SMSL Dacs - Since communicating with Cloris, I have received an acceptable solution to return the Dacs to a San Diego address. I'll post an update if I receive upgraded units back.

Shoaibexpert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just sent my 2 units of SU-9 to HiFiGo. They agreed to share half of shipping cost. Overall they are responsive. Now to find out how to know if the firmware repair actually took place as I don't have measurement equipment.

PS. SU-9 is noticeably darker than the M500 or any other DAC in my possession. Why hasn't this been reflected in Amir's linearity graph?

JoostE

I am seriously just debating buying a dongle DAC for now and see where all of this lands in a few months. Would love to just buy from Amazon. However, audiophonics it not that much more expensive and seems to take care of their customers :)

Veri

Master Contributor
PS. SU-9 is noticeably darker than the M500 or any other DAC in my possession. Why hasn't this been reflected in Amir's linearity graph?
That would be odd. Amir's review shows no such defect. Anyway linearity is not the measurement to show such a thing :p

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We will take care of these returns for update.

If you want your product to be updated, contact us by email at this address:
[email protected]
with this subject:
"SMSL Firmware update"

Then, we will give you the procedure to follow.
Do not send any product to the address listed above without contacting us first.
@Audiophonics
Will Audiophonics ship out new (updated) units to new customers buying from their website?

JoostE

Same question @Audiophonics

Just sent you an email, but not sure if your support department is aware of this issue.
Would this introduce further delay in the ordering process?

Great to see you are on the ball here :)

Top Bottom