• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

"Things that cannot be measured"

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Bye......

Bye to you too.

I'm not sure what this was all about, but this thread is not part of your future.

Take the edge off or find someplace else to cause trouble.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As do they with human hearing, given the noise level at the eardrum from the atmosphere.
This is audiophile gold. @solderdude @pkane , I’m going to begin a script on being at the correct atmospheric pressure to properly enjoy music. There must be ways to control pressure to always keep it stable. Barometric pressure must be held constant. The real question becomes “Should your cables be run in a vacuum tube of some kind?” I’m not sure yet. Start thinking, it might take me a few days for this one.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
This is audiophile gold. @solderdude @pkane , I’m going to begin a script on being at the correct atmospheric pressure to properly enjoy music. There must be ways to control pressure to always keep it stable. Barometric pressure must be held constant. The real question becomes “Should your cables be run in a vacuum tube of some kind?” I’m not sure yet. Start thinking, it might take me a few days for this one.

Consider over pressurizing the listening room (like in a clean room). Helps with keeping those sound degrading dust particles out as well.
Over pressure is easier to keep constant than lowering atm. pressure.

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
Consider over pressurizing the listening room (like in a clean room). Helps with keeping those sound degrading dust particles out as well.
Be careful, someone could really start thinking that this ongoing trend in the thread is serious. o_O

CMOT

I think this entire chain was primed by ill-advised mention of Enid Lumley and distilled water in the water pipes.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

The cables in a vacuum are a separate idea from clean air, and should be patented right away. Imagine how much noise those air molecules (even the clean ones!) add to the sound when they keep constantly hitting the cable and the dielectric. Imagine how much smoother the sound would be if the cable was no constantly hit by billions of them. Then, what happens to those molecules in the presence of electricity running through the cable? They get ionized, electrically charged. Charged particles attract to the opposite charge, so then they start sticking to the cable! The cable gets covered in layers of these ionized molecules that you can never get rid of. Imagine how many veils will be lifted you could just remove all those layers!

But this idea is not limited to the cables! You will need the complete vacuum sealer package (audiophile version of the food vacuum sealer running on the best linear power supply, of course) to enclose every critical component of your system, from power supplies to DACs to amps and everything in between.

I'm drafting the patent application now, I'm so excited!

BluesDaddy

The cables in a vacuum are a separate idea from clean air, and should be patented right away. Imagine how much noise those air molecules (even the clean ones!) add to the sound when they keep constantly hitting the cable and the dielectric. Imagine how much smoother the sound would be if the cable was no constantly hit by billions of them. Then, what happens to those molecules in the presence of electricity running through the cable? They get ionized, electrically charged. Charged particles attract to the opposite charge, so then they start sticking to the cable! The cable gets covered in layers of these ionized molecules that you can never get rid of. Imagine how many veils will be lifted you could just remove all those layers!

But this idea is not limited to the cables! You will need the complete vacuum sealer package (audiophile version of the food vacuum sealer running on the best linear power supply, of course) to enclose every critical component of your system, from power supplies to DACs to amps and everything in between.

I'm drafting the patent application now, I'm so excited!
What about enclosing the listener? I mean, JJ has educated us a little bit regarding noise at the ear drum from the air.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What about enclosing the listener? I mean, JJ has educated us a little bit regarding noise at the ear drum from the air.

Hmmm. Yet another product? We'll need a very high-quality, moat-based isolation device that allows the sound to pass through but stops all those pesky air molecules from hitting the eardrum. That requires some more thinking...

David Harper

Also make sure your home's electric isn't generated by nuke. That's no good for high-end audio. You want to switch to a supplier with "green" power.
Preferably hydro. Your sound will then have a higher quality liquid character. Over time nuke will destroy your amp and speakers. You can check this by turning off the lights and look at your speaker wires. If they're glowing slightly, it's nuke. No good.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

Steampunk edition for usage with headphones.
hel.png

Can even be used for blind listening tests when you cover the glass.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For the audiophile who has everything:

Hyperbaric listening rooms.

Rick “whose tinnitus probably masks atmospheric noise, lol” Denney

Raindog123

Major Contributor

Over-pressurizing is so yesterday. The cutting edge is to listen music in deep vacuum. To entirely eliminate any unwanted noise! (@j_j can explain :)) Freeze any stray molecules with laser cooling (1997 Nobel Prize). And then induce sound by directed graviton beams.

(And there is also that "implanting electrodes straight in the brain" school, but its aesthetics are questionable...)

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
But.... but ... audiophiles like old school stuff (those electron tubes from the old days and turntables with small rocks dragged through a groove) and are averse to new techniques.

Top Bottom