• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want components that measure extremely well just in case the lab measurements are optimisitic.
Great engineering, quality construction, and well designed protection mechanisms are worth rewarding. Thankfully, the number of such products is increasing. Thanks ASR for helping the consumer.

Subjectivists believe that their system sounds great for many reasons and not necessarily everything is measured.
Objectivists believe the measurements prove their subjective belief that is why their system sounds great.
Objectivists can get irritated with other objectivists because they buy gear the measures too well.

Conclusion: Only Subjectivists exist, but some have better reasoning than others :)

- Rich

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Jesus Christ! :oops:, I consider the above stereophile link to be akin to those dodgy bomb detectors shilled to the army in Iraq/Afghanista, how do they get away with such claims? - is there no American version of our uk advertising standards authority?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
‘Accessory of the year‘, unbelievable and from Stereophile, just when you imagine the industry can sink no lower.
Keith

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
‘Accessory of the year‘, unbelievable and from Stereophile, just when you imagine the industry can sink no lower.
Keith
Surely they mean MOST EXPENSIVE accessory of the year ...

As long as there are some _____ to buy it ...

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Keith

Alas, due to decades of experience,
(a) I can imagine a lot; and,
(b) No imagination is really necessary.

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, but $19,000 includes the Apex feet. These are, after all, the very to of the foot food chain.

- Rich

At first, I thought posting it on the snake oil thread ... but I dare not

Robin L

Master Contributor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Alas, due to decades of experience,
(a) I can imagine a lot; and,
(b) No imagination is really necessary.
At another place a poster uses this particular grounding box, states that it is ‘accessory of the year’ and that ( I really detest this phrase) ‘the effect was not subtle’, if Stereophile had a shred of integrity they wouldn’t give this kind of crap the oxygen of publicity.
Keith

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yes, but $19,000 includes the Apex feet. These are, after all, the very top of the foot food chain.

- Rich
At another place a poster uses this particular grounding box, states that it is ‘accessory of the year’ and that ( I really detest this phrase) ‘the effect was not subtle’, if Stereophile had a shred of integrity they wouldn’t give this kind of crap the oxygen of publicity.
Keith

How anyone is convinced by these 'reviews' is beyond me. . .

"What degree of improvement will the Grand Prix Monza isolation system bring to your system? That I cannot answer. While every bit of vibration control makes a difference, audibility is proportional to equipment quality. As one who does not subscribe to the "law" of diminishing returns—there are no diminishing returns when expectations are high, sensitivity is great, and pockets are deep—what I can say with certainty is that in my hardly inexpensive reference system, Monza's benefits are profound. I would never want to go back."

I wonder if he found his profoundly improved system more danceable?

Last edited:

Robin L

Master Contributor

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
How anyone is convinced by these 'reviews' is beyond me

"What degree of improvement will the Grand Prix Monza isolation system bring to your system? That I cannot answer. While every bit of vibration control makes a difference, audibility is proportional to equipment quality. As one who does not subscribe to the "law" of diminishing returns—there are no diminishing returns when expectations are high, sensitivity is great, and pockets are deep—what I can say with certainty is that in my hardly inexpensive reference system, Monza's benefits are profound. I would never want to go back."

Isn't it also a status thing?

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
"Our products are based on Newton's law of equal and opposite that no one has gotten around. Energy will go where it's going to go, in both directions. Whatever energy is not completely absorbed, ie, attenuated, is going to turn around and come back in again. "

I think Newton would turn in its grave.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How anyone is convinced by these 'reviews' is beyond me

Changing to balanced processors and amps has eliminated buzz and hum.
It cost more than the CAD Ground Control Grounding Boxes, the difference being balanced connections work.

- Rich

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
When I tried to sell the GPA ‘Monaco” which is quite a smart TT, you had to take some stands to get the gig, they are nothing special, carbon, and the only isolation was a slim circle of sorbathane, which to be fair does if loaded correctly isolate reasonably effectively across a certain range of frequencies.
I suppose we should be grateful that they do contain at least a semblance of isolation, most ( cup and ball) dont, at least not in the vertical plane.
Keith

Robin L

Master Contributor
Top Bottom