• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

yavormoskov

Push the knob into it. Don't force it too much tho.
I already tried. The knob can not be pressed more. There is a photo.
IMG_20200819_220319013.jpg

yavormoskov

Here we go. The setup is finally done. Custom made (by me) slide in under table table for my PC, Emotiva BasX A-300 power amplifier and, Polk Audio LSIM703s speakers, Topping D50s DAC and L30 amp. The preamp inside L30 is is very high quality. Music is clear but also impactful and musical. Much better experience than the preamp of the Atom.
IMG_20200819_232324646_HDR.jpg

half_dog

@JohnYang1997 May I ask you about cables? I've ordered some RCAs cables, but the postal service started a strike yesterday and I don't know when it will finish ... Anyway, I have a few meters of mic cables (two conductors and double shield) and somes RCA connectors . A few messages before some folks were talking about cables and what I could understood one conductor would receive the positive signal, the other return path and the shield should be soldered only at one end of the cable. I was thinking to solder just one conductor for signal and the shield mesh for return - like a coax cable or use both conductor for signal and shield as return. Maybe not use the shield at all. Could you tell which would be the best aproach in this situation?

Last edited:

nck045

Here we go. The setup is finally done. Custom made (by me) slide in under table table for my PC, Emotiva BasX A-300 power amplifier and, Polk Audio LSIM703s speakers, Topping D50s DAC and L30 amp. The preamp inside L30 is is very high quality. Music is clear but also impactful and musical. Much better experience than the preamp of the Atom.
View attachment 78979
Nice setup. Which volume control is that?

Screenshot_20200820_134503_com.android.chrome.jpg

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Looking good yavo!. Unlike JohnYang, I would not take that volume knob. That doesn't look right, and doesn't look normal compared to nearly 10 of these smaller type amps I've owned over the past recent years. Personally I am not a fan of smooth knobs and got rid of it on my SP200 (pictured). I also don't personally like the red color. I really like the solid black aluminum knurled knobs you can find cheap on Amazon. I am not sure of the size you need or if you like that look or feel. But' it's usually a very easy swap and should mount flush against the chassis.

View attachment 78985View attachment 78986View attachment 78987
That's because all of the others have part of the volume knob embedded in the front panel. It's not possible with glass front panel. Part of the glass gets too thin so it's impossible to manufacturer. Other devices like a50, nx series, dx series don't have a gap. That's the best one can do. And lastly no one look straight down from above, never have been a problem.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
The knob in the picture I show of my SP200 is not embedded in the front panel. It's as close as you can get to face without rubbing.

Also, the problem isn't looking down (you wouldn't want to on that one because it looks bad); it's that the knob will wobble. That's even worse.
Ok. The things is the knob will not wobble.

yavormoskov

Nice setup. Which volume control is that?

View attachment 78988
I am attaching a photo of the volume knob with the price. Also, the under knob blue glowing is very subtle and it shows only when turning the volume knob. As far as the quality goes, it's great, simply great. A have had it for many years and no issues whatsoever. The link is https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MV411BR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is the US version of Amazon but probably you will be able to find it in other parts of the world, as well. The brand is DROK.

volume.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom