• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AKG K371 Impressions

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Why do even bother calling K371 aka Beats by AKG "one of the best headphones on the market"? It didn't require a lot of research to make those, they just figured out that a lot of people these days like lots of bass an rolled off highs when they listen to crappy modern music. You spend way too much time on dvach, my friend.
Not a great first post , wading in insulting people is not the way forward.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So the initial post "I hope you're trolling because this post is utter nonsense" is perfectly fine?
A understandable reaction to your post that read as rude at best.

This is not a dialogue, you can amend your attitude or go elsewhere.

tebe_pizdets

So my reply to his post was also "A understandable reaction to his post that read as rude at best"

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
So my reply to his post was also "A understandable reaction to his post that read as rude at best"
You have no credit here , being rude and argumentive with your first contributions like this is not welcome.

Ban issued.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Signing up under different names is not welcome either.

Find something else to do with your time.

tdockweiler

Anyone else find the AKG K371 painfully fatiguing? It's weird because I didn't find them to have too much treble or too much bass at all. I think it was somewhere in the upper mids causing this. Especially bad with female vocals in Jpop. Most likely I would have liked the K361 a little more.

This is coming from someone who loves the Q701 and DT-990 Pro!

I really could not listen to them for more than an hour at a time. On every source it sounded the same. My ears would ring a lot and this is rare.

I ended up selling them within 3 weeks.

Most likely nobody has experienced this. I wear glasses and make sure to try to get a good seal.

To me they also seemed to be very closed in sounding with almost a non existent soundstage heard in most recordings.

I kind of wish I had gotten the M40 or M50x instead, but those are a lot less portable.

At least the good news is that selling the K371 helped fund my Magni 3+ purchase. :)

Kyle / MrHeeHo

Anyone else find the AKG K371 painfully fatiguing? It's weird because I didn't find them to have too much treble or too much bass at all. I think it was somewhere in the upper mids causing this. Especially bad with female vocals in Jpop. Most likely I would have liked the K361 a little more.

I really could not listen to them for more than an hour at a time. On every source it sounded the same. My ears would ring a lot and this is rare.

Most likely nobody has experienced this. I wear glasses and make sure to try to get a good seal.

To me they also seemed to be very closed in sounding with almost a non existent soundstage heard in most recordings.

I kind of wish I had gotten the M40 or M50x instead, but those are a lot less portable.

At least the good news is that selling the K371 helped fund my Magni 3+ purchase. :)
I don't find the K371 fatiguing personally and as for your comment about JPop I find it fatiguing on any headphone or speaker I listen on. JPop tends to be mixed and mastered to where vocals are emphasized and the music as a whole is compressed

solderdude

Grand Contributor
My view on the K371.

Frequency response measured without Pinna (so actual driver response)

fr-stock.png

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The K371 is currently 110 Euros on Thomann and couldn't pass on that one but don't feel the need to buy the cheaper version.
The K361 only 85 Euro. The differences seem to be a different HP connector (2.5mm TRS vs mini XLR) and the exclusion of the 3m coiled cable.
I suspect the drivers to be the same. Most likely the paper covering the driver differs ?
Can't find any pics on the web of the K361 driver.
Maybe I will return this one and buy a K361 ? but maybe not... haven't decided yet.

Last edited:

Asylum Seeker

No, not fatiguing. Simply a bit unexciting.

Asylum Seeker

Won't be buying that one as I already have this one. ;)
The K371 is currently 110 Euros on Thomann and couldn't pass on that one but don't feel the need to buy the cheaper version.
If someone were to loan me one (within EU) I will measure it.
I got them for about USD95 (no box, only one cable) via Indonesia's Tokopedia.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Now I am just waiting for the K361 :).

Your wait will be rewarded. returned the K371 and ordered the K361.
Wondering how they measure differently and why.

For this amount of money (85 Euros) I expect they either selected rejected 371 drivers or did something with dampening/porting to make them differ.
The biggest portion of the price difference may well be the cables and mini XLR connector.
We will see...

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Your wait will be rewarded. returned the K371 and ordered the K361.
Wondering how they measure differently and why.

For this amount of money (85 Euros) I expect they either selected rejected 371 drivers or did something with dampening/porting to make them differ.
The biggest portion of the price difference may well be the cables and mini XLR connector.
We will see...
I do not want to write in public I love you.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
48px-Face-blush.svg.png

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Bummer... while adding a K361 page to the diyaudioheaven website everything went blank.
Website seems gone... I hope its temporary. Looks like an error on the wordpress site.

Anyway... by lack of the website I will post the FR plot of the K361 directly here:

FR stock.png

and below the differences between K371 and K361

K361 vs K371.png

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bummer... while adding a K361 page to the diyaudioheaven website everything went blank.
Website seems gone... I hope its temporary. Looks like an error on the wordpress site.

Anyway... by lack of the website I will post the FR plot of the K361 directly here:

View attachment 61141

and below the differences between K371 and K361

View attachment 61142
I hope things get sorted.

Hmm the green does well. How does it sound?

Top Bottom