• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A woman with a 1 million dollars system

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Typical rich audio snob.

Lottery wise I would certainly have a avantgarde setup in one of my rooms in my castle / mega beachhouse / penthouse.

Different setups through the building. But I probably would be spending most of my time with my new girlfriends. :D

Sokel

Master Contributor
I don't care if the Rockports are good or bad,I love them.
I never thought though that the horn system like this could fit in my room and seems that it could (on the other hand I could never sit against a wall like they have there)

(Pj,stop pushing peoples triggers :p)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for sharing. Gives me something to show my wife that I am not so bad. :D

Clearly she has the means and space for such conspicuous consumption. Should make for a fantastical estate sale some day!

Glen20

Those Avantgarde ABS horns are very smooth, sensuous even, warmer to the touch than cold aluminium, although they do leave marks easily.
Keith
Keith. Please excuse the forward and strange question. But given that we all have different taste (which is not a bad thing) and that you probably have had have clients with budgets larger than most.
Have you ever had a client with a living room (not listening room) that you could live with both aesthetically and sonically without changing anything?
(apart from bringing your own family) otherwise it would make this hypothetical situation even stranger.
Unfortunately, the Venn diagram of aesthetics, sonics my ex and me had not overlap and my Genelecs are not warm to the touch.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Who am I to argue with her with that kind of system ? ;)
Easy - she should be bloody ASHAMED of herself, investing so much dosh on so much ....

Better to go to as many live concerts as possible and also, help a few disadvantaged people with the money left over.

Sorry chaps, eye candy like this means nothing these days apart from materialistic excess.

DMill

Forum Donor
I enjoyed it. Why not be silly with equipment if you could care less about money? My only criticism is hire a goddamn maid to clean up the room. :) she seems like a lovely woman.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
eye candy like this means nothing these days apart from materialistic excess
There's nothing new there. A certain type of person has always enjoyed that aspect of wealth.

Sokel

Master Contributor
There's nothing new there. A certain type of person has always enjoyed that aspect of wealth.
It's not only about wealth,my two best (adults,I have to point that) friends had a huge rant over water glasses and satisfaction.

It applies everywhere :)

Glen20

Lots of talk in the video about the price of everything, not much about why it is so much better than anything cheaper. That's a bit telling.
For the type of person that buys this stuff, it is the price that makes it better.
It satisfies the need to feel successful or projection of high status for the person that has underly low self-esteem or inferiority, or some psydo-internet-pop science that I happily admit I do not understand.

Salt

Forum Donor
The avatar of @DVDdoug made me associate trends in Hifi and that it reflects society overall: the (solid) beef is more and more reducing and what remains is the base and the top, and that consists mostly of nothing (air bubbles).

Just read an editorial of german hifi magazine that they hardly are pushed by industry to review highest priced stuff but want to struggle not (only) to go this way but provide tests of some well-priced things ....

RobL

Easy - she should be bloody ASHAMED of herself, investing so much dosh on so much ....

Better to go to as many live concerts as possible and also, help a few disadvantaged people with the money left over.

Sorry chaps, eye candy like this means nothing these days apart from materialistic excess.

She appears to have the means and obviously is enjoying her hobby. More power to her. For all we know she’s charitable with her wealth as well…none of our business really.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Should we now make sure we point out that a "man" has purchased xxx silly audio stuff at great expense?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

No, don't agree with you. She and anyone should be allowed to do what they want as long as it doesn't harm or interfere with other people.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't fit those big horns on a Klippel. Klippel is for toy speakers.
They probably think Klippel is a high-end dog grooming boutique, anyways.

DJNX

I think as ASR has managed the objective of indiscriminately showing the real performance of audio gear of all sizes/costs/origins, based on and backed up by data; it should start shifting its focus, or at least bring to the forefront the subject of diminishing returns. With data and science, as well, of course.

Top Bottom