• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Gustard DAC-X26

Dro

I would really like to see another test of the ADI-2 DAC or Pro FS with the new analyzer. Archimago had the Pro FS come in at 115 dB SINAD in a loopback test. As two of the devices with a quite reasonable price/performance ratio, they should be present in the SINAD chart. It would be very helpful to put the performance of excellent DACs as the DAC-X26 here into perspective.

Dogen

Forum Donor
If the price weren’t an issue, I can totally see buying this for the looks, build quality and pride of ownership. I admire any company striving for perfection, even if the fruits aren’t necessarily audible. Nice review, and a breath of fresh air among all the disappointing showings by higher-end products.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Btw amir, did the -2dB do anything in regards to distortion/SINAD :)?
It did. It improved it by 1 to 2 dB. Here it is at full amplitude:
LH Labs GO2Pro Portable DAC and Headphone Amplifier Full Volume Measurements.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The question is how may people have a good preamp, integrated or power amp do not miss the excellent measurements of some DAC.
Headphone users are in luck with likes of Massdrop THX AAA 789 and JDS Labs Atom.

index.php

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think Amir is planning on re-measuring the ADI-2 DAC soon.
Correct. We have had scheduling difficulty but hopefully I can connect with the owner and re-test it.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
wondering this too, how is the remote control since I cant see any pictures of it anywhere...
It is standard issue plastic one that has been customized:

Gustard DAC-X26 DAC Remote Control Review.jpg

Dro

Headphone users are in luck with likes of Massdrop THX AAA 789 and JDS Labs Atom.
Problem is that you will still need an excellent DAC to make use of their quality. Ideally you would listen through an AP analyzer :p

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These excellent results make me wonder how the predecessor Gustard X22 (only one ES9038 dac) would measure and for that its predecessor the X20 Pro (2x ES9028 dac)?

Here are some x20pro results. Not in the same league as X26:

x20-1k.png

Jitter
x20.png

Multi-tone
x20-multi.png

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I`d like to see the sectrum of 5khz & 10khz @90khz. What`s going wrong here?
It is the third harmonic:

1552235899139.png

This could be due to too soft a low pass filter (unless it is due to analog stage).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Problem is that you will still need an excellent DAC to make use of their quality. Ideally you would listen through an AP analyzer :p
:) This is that DAC though.

maty

Major Contributor
Top Bottom