• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Pro Streamer

napfkuchen

Yep, VAT is calculated. :) Warranty might be a problem. Otherwise the unit is the same, right?

napfkuchen

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
Quite a few negative comments on the Wiim forum regarding the remote, which I can't understand to be honest. Looks a lot like the remotes supplied by Minidsp and includes voice control. Looks quite good I think :)
I’d say comments from negative members - quite a few now being derogatory and combatitive :(

OP
B

Brantome

Major Contributor
New app release on iOS in prep for remote but I can’t see any sign of it - maybe it needs a firmware update to be in place too.

ehabheikal

I've used a multimeter to verify if and how it works. It outputs a voltage close to 12v when anything is played and downs to 0v after few minutes when idle.
Thanx, now i have to find 2.5mm mono plugs, in my country they are very hard to buy

Tatr76

Got mine from US amazon site, sold by wiim. All taxes/customs at checkout, 4 days delivery for total of $199 to the UK.

Tremolo

After several week I am happy with my Wiim Pro but I have the followung issues:
1) the optical input every now and then has short mutings, the issue is resolved temporarily switching to another input than back to optical. I don't have any problem when connected to the ethernet imput. The source is my Panasonic TV, maybe the same issue that some have reported with samsung and sony tvs?
2) the equalizer is a mess, I hope the long awaited PEQ solve every issue but now I cannot save the custom profile because every time I recall it is changed arbitrarily in several decimal of db. And why a lot of useless presets and just one customizable?

Some advice to solve the issues? Thank you

Audioquest

Bought one a week ago, used it a lot with zero issues to date. Set the volume at fixed, EQ not used, coax to a DAC. I'm sure the more expensive streamers have more to offer, but it seems to work well for what it is using the Tidal app.

Last edited:

BioMedTechGuy

I just completed a rare "daytime" session, low volume, which is difficult with Klipsch speakers, but the Trinity SuperCube subwoofer really helps add bass below 40Hz and something else you might want to try, including with headphones..."tactile transducers" aka "butt shakers". I originally got them to add to the impact of movies, but I am amazed at how those 40Hz and lower bass vibrations trick the mind into thinking you're hearing more deep bass.
I started out with the soundtrack to the original Heavy Metal movie, and then I digressed about 4/5ths of the way through to Don Felder, Donald Fagen, Head East, and other "groovy" music.
It was fantastic!
I saved some as favorites, and later this evening for round 2, I may revisit some of the same tracks at a more robust volume.
I'm LOVING the WiiM!

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quite a few negative comments on the Wiim forum regarding the remote, which I can't understand to be honest. Looks a lot like the remotes supplied by Minidsp and includes voice control. Looks quite good I think :)

It's a Bluetooth remote so unlikely to work with Logitech Harmony (are they still even updating their device database? As a Harmony user since before they were bought by Logitech in the first place I hope so but do not know). If it were IR at least you could "teach" your universal.

Anybody try the 12v trigger to turn on amp etc?

Yes, we use it to turn on a Monoprice HTP-1 in our 2-channel system*, and then the trigger on the HTP-1 to turn on the amp. It works well. The only things to watch out for are
-a current bug in the implementation of turn-off with optical devices that don't "turn off the light" that they're acknowledged and plan to address
- make sure you're "playing something" when you're running your room correction - otherwise it will (correctly) turn off your system after about 2-3 minutes.

*Sadly the most economical way to get Dirac Live Bass Control in a 2-channel system. Stupid, but 2-channel preamp and integrated amp makers are so behind the times that they're frankly embarrassing themselves. One thing HTP-1 lacks is an auto-standby timer when nothing's playing. Wiim Pro nicely covers that shortfall.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's a Bluetooth remote so unlikely to work with Logitech Harmony (are they still even updating their device database? As a Harmony user since before they were bought by Logitech in the first place I hope so but do not know). If it were IR at least you could "teach" your universal.
But neither Wiim device has an IR receiver.
Logitech are still updating their database according to their website, but it's not really an issue that Wiim have any control over and certainly not a valid criticism of their remote, IMHO.

Petyot

Hi,

New to this forum.

I bought a Bluesound Node a few weeks ago. I heard about the Wiim Pro a few days ago. I bought two (for less then the price of the Node). I couldn't hear a difference between the Node and the Wiim so I sent back the Node...

I really like the sound coming out of that little piece of equipment!

onlyoneme

Major Contributor
Hi,

New to this forum.

I bought a Bluesound Node a few weeks ago. I heard about the Wiim Pro a few days ago. I bought two (for less then the price of the Node). I couldn't hear a difference between the Node and the Wiim so I sent back the Node...

That's because your equipment is not transparent enough to let you hear an obvious difference in the audio quality.

Overseas

Major Contributor
Hi,

New to this forum.

Did you compare the analogue outputs on RCA?

Overseas

Major Contributor
Because I see discussions around 'Auto sensing', to me it works like this for optical: amp, dac and Wiim - all powered in stand by, then I open Wiim app and Play some source. That moment, DAC starts working. That's it.

Attachments

• IMG-20230227-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230227-WA0000.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom