• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ATC speakers / Monitors

WillBrink

I am glad that I could get rid of my 40s (and 11s eventually). The Neumann KH150 do offer so much more for the money...

I'd like to hear some The Neumann's some day. I'm looking to go actives some day and always felt actives are where it's at. I have the Sigberg SBS.1 and sub in my listening space right now in fact. Will have them until next week, then will do a review. Have not really had the chance for critical listening of them yet, but what I have heard so far, is excellent as others have found also.

thatproducer

I'd like to hear some The Neumann's some day. I'm looking to go actives some day and always felt actives are where it's at. I have the Sigberg SBS.1 and sub in my listening space right now in fact. Will have them until next week, then will do a review. Have not really had the chance for critical listening of them yet, but what I have heard so far, is excellent as others have found also.
I used the Neumann KH310's for a few years and loved them - definitely my favorite in their price bracket especially since you truly don't need a sub to mix with them. Very fun speakers creatively but mix-wise you have spend a bit of time getting used to them but no issues getting pretty great results from them.

goat76

Major Contributor
Per same page, his review of the 40. I do not get any impression from him he prefers the 40s vs the 19s, and called the 19's the best speakers he's heard in his room to date in his space in his review of the 19s. I still suspect the 19s + good subs is the better option for similar, of not less $:

I'm sure most people would be happy with any of them. Great review! :)

wgards8

Was auditioning for a pianist for my wedding... Went to his house where he would play something on his Steinway.
Immediately noticed his KH420, asked to listen, happily obliged.
Invited him over to listed to my SCM50, sold his Neumanns and joined the club :)

Berlin

Was auditioning for a pianist for my wedding... Went to his house where he would play something on his Steinway.
Invited him over to listed to my SCM50, sold his Neumanns and joined the club :)
...and then he figured out that you have the better room acoustics? :cool:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A British Audiophile finally enlightens us ...
I do not get any impression from him he prefers the 40s vs the 19s
No measurements, not a single verifiable statement.
He is a nice guy, but his video has no value except for the few shots of the SCM40 in a real living room.
xo7d1ks3gmf61.jpg

Into the trash it goes.

Last edited:

Chrise36

Major Contributor
What is your impression of the KH420

WillBrink

He is a nice guy, but his video has no value except for the few shots of the SCM40 in a real living room.
View attachment 260483
Into the trash it goes.

I get value from his subjective opinions on speakers. I generally like his approach and style to his reviews, and he also seems like a good guy. I can get measurements from Amir.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I get value from his subjective opinions
5a42996d018cd612f988ad4ce2318063a47429e515aa0c73fdbe2b668780ac5e.jpg

Allow me to drill in here, what exactly is it that you value in a guys subjective opinion? Is it the worthless dribble or the empty phrases? Maybe it's just the mindless consumption of non-threatening words?

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The goal of science is the description of the real world.
The goal of emotion is to feel good, especially to feel self-satisfied.
7252885433.gif

witwald

Forum Donor
The reviewer's opinions could only be emphasized for what they were, by the statement somewhere in amongst all the adjectives and the poetry: "...but I'm guessing that that's the reason, to be honest."

Tangband

Major Contributor

Liya

847CA5BE-F40D-4700-BC22-40292934F13A.jpeg
For me ATC is like Leica.
There are technically better cameras and lenses out there, but many are attracted by the fame, looks, mechanics and surely this system is capable of producing great images.
Neumann or Genelec look like pig in the living room. I have Genelec and like the sound but can't stand the look.
Thing is that in real life ATC sounds good and looks good too.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Within the next few weeks I will be taking some active 40’s in part-ex , I could run some un-sophisticated measurements if any one here is interested?
Perhaps set them up next to the customers 8Cs and compare plots?
Keith

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Set your expectations low!
a774d0d0-522f-4cdb-8556-bfb087a70387_text.gif

I'm sure you'll provide the mother of all data dumps, infos galore, numbers for days and graphs to write home about.

But seriously, don't disappoint me if you want to live. ;)

Top Bottom