• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post a picture, a photograph, a drawing, a screenshot, ...no words.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
PSA: For a short description; change filename to describe image. ["No Words?].:cool:

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Dead Horse.png

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
I recognize 6 plants in that pic. Gardening enthusiasts have been importing plants into Canada for hundreds of years and so we have many imported non-native plants here.
It’s as you know a Japanese Acer, a few years ago went to a Japanese garden in Cornwall really stunning place. Talking to the gardener said we had a mix of successes and failures with them. His opinion was it depended on we’re they were imported from, he had failures with young plants imported from the Southern Hemisphere. He thought it may be due to them getting out of synch with the seasons, pointing out again it was only his opinion.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s as you know a Japanese Acer, a few years ago went to a Japanese garden in Cornwall really stunning place. Talking to the gardener said we had a mix of successes and failures with them. His opinion was it depended on we’re they were imported from, he had failures with young plants imported from the Southern Hemisphere. He thought it may be due to them getting out of synch with the seasons, pointing out again it was only his opinion.
Lovely tree to have in the garden. So many different kinds too. I was my mothers chief gardener for about 15 years. I did all the back breaking weeding, edging, mowing, fall cleanup of dead vegetation and fertilizing too. She had a acre of lawn, ~40 smaller fruit trees, various berries and many flower beds. So I learned a thing or two about gardening but I'm not so hip on memorizing the various kinds of plants. But I recognize them if I see the ones that I am familiar with. I was at first hesitant to want to participate in gardening but firstly it was not optional and secondly I grew to appreciate fruit trees and berries too. Trim away some grass, dig a nice hole, get some old composted stuff and plant a fruit tree that maybe gives a few small fruit the first year and thereafter each year the yield increases and some of the trees grew astonishingly well in Canada. Like peaches, plums, grapes, various apples, apricots, pears and cherries. I was located in the West of Canada during this time and there are great fruit growing microclimates in various areas.
canada-hardiness-zone.jpg

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Lovely tree to have in the garden. So many different kinds too. I was my mothers chief gardener for about 15 years. I did all the back breaking weeding, edging, mowing, fall cleanup of dead vegetation and fertilizing too. She had a acre of lawn, ~40 smaller fruit trees, various berries and many flower beds. So I learned a thing or two about gardening but I'm not so hip on memorizing the various kinds of plants. But I recognize them if I see the ones that I am familiar with. I was at first hesitant to want to participate in gardening but firstly it was not optional and secondly I grew to appreciate fruit trees and berries too. Trim away some grass, dig a nice hole, get some old composted stuff and plant a fruit tree that maybe gives a few small fruit the first year and thereafter each year the yield increases and some of the trees grew astonishingly well in Canada. Like peaches, plums, grapes, various apples, apricots, pears and cherries. I was located in the West of Canada during this time and there are great fruit growing microclimates in various areas.
canada-hardiness-zone.jpg
The Acer is in our or should I say Ann’s garden. I took over the ditch and part of the Churchyard behind our propert. Turned the sheltered ditch area intto a tropical garden. Growing two species of bananas and palms, fig trees and anything that doesn’t pop it’s clogs down there.

30094E71-3845-4801-B03B-55CD28A8A547.jpeg
C6923E0A-A0AB-438C-A200-D79D7F24041A.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Acer is in our or should I say Ann’s garden. I took over the ditch and part of the Churchyard behind our propert. Turned the sheltered ditch area intto a tropical garden. Growing two species of bananas and palms, fig trees and anything that doesn’t pop it’s clogs down there.

View attachment 236781View attachment 236780
Looks like a wonderful garden for relaxing in and enjoying the afternoon sun and plants. :D I imagine you must be warmed by the oceanic flow/current that comes from the Caribbean to have the environment to grow such plants.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Looks like a wonderful garden for relaxing in and enjoying the afternoon sun and plants. :D I imagine you must be warmed by the oceanic flow/current that comes from the Caribbean to have the environment to grow such plants.
No it’s a bit like a miniature Okanagan valley with its own micro climate. Sunken down so far its very sheltered. When I took it over around 27 years ago it was full of brambles, nettles and ground elder. Spent the first two years pulling and digging them out, never used weed killers, insecticides or any other chemical on it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Spent the first two years pulling and digging them out, never used weed killers, insecticides or any other chemical on it.
Yes, I am against chemical warfare with plants and insects too. There's just so many things the stuff could be doing to humans. Levelling the land per say is back breaking work. I think sometimes a Bobcat would be a great tool around the garden. If only to rent one every 2 years and do all the heavy work with it.
bobcat-s76-s6c3044-19e1-fc

45788_en_c6e50_48531_bobcat-smallest-skid-steer-loader-ssl-s70.jpg

Top Bottom