• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spherically Dead (in Vegas)

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
24 shows in Vegas. I live in Vegas... and saw the Dead around 100 times between 1970-95... but these shows are a big pass for me... for subjective and objective reasons... lol. Jerry's last spoken words to Bob Weir are reported to be... "Always a hoot..."

1707404266310.jpeg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
24 shows in Vegas. I live in Vegas... and saw the Dead around 100 times between 1970-95... but these shows are a big pass for me... for subjective and objective reasons... lol. Jerry's last spoken words to Bob Weir are reported to be... "Always a hoot..."

View attachment 348279

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The irony of the grotesquely tacky Sphere graphics juxtaposed with Touch of Grey, and even more to the point, with the lyrics "The paint by numbers morning sky looks so phony" is delightful.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The irony of the grotesquely tacky Sphere graphics juxtaposed with Touch of Grey, and even more to the point, with the lyrics "The paint by numbers morning sky looks so phony" is delightful.
Great catch... that line was precisely why I picked that soundtrack. I stripped whatever was with the vid and used Touch of Grey. There's lots of Vegas references in Dead lyrics... that I considered.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Bummer you're not willing to check it out. I agree the venue is a spectacle but hey it's Las Vegas after all.

I've seen D&Co a couple dozen times and they really are a fun group. Sucks not having Billy in the fold but Jay gives the band a little more drive.

It's a pass for me too but that's a location / expense issue entirely.

August West

I saw the real thing in Las Vegas in 1981 and again in 1984. The Aladdin Theater (RIP) Can't stand songs played at the half the speed they used to be.

Krusty09

Forum Donor
D&Co is a bust for me. The whole thing is a money grab by the dead. Myers voice has no place in the dead. If they wanted to crush it they would have had Jeff Mattson.

It's a shame. Go Furthur!

DMill

Forum Donor
Let’s not be too critical. It’s a fun tribute to a great legacy. If you have a few bucks and want some entertainment for an evening it’s probably a lot of fun. Hell, here a pair of Sabres tickets in good seats could easily run you $300 and they aren’t that good. Mayer Is never gonna be Jerry, I get it. Send me your tickets if you disagree. :)

Krusty09

Forum Donor
Sabers . Who are those guys. My point is the dead could have done better. My gripe is everyone makes excuses for the band but in reality they don't need it. They should have just picked the right person from the beginning.

Let's go Rangers/Islanders

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Apropos of nothing :cool: the title of this thread reminds me of this song (mostly, umm, titularly -- but maybe in other ways, too).
;)

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tickets currently range $2-500 to the best of my knowledge.

A 3 day pass to Woodstock was $15.
1707435812620.jpeg

Last edited:

Shiva

I am more interested in how the sound quality is in the Sphere, than who may play in it. Anyone here have any real world listening experience within? Where is the sweet spot in a Sphere? Have to pick the right seats if I ever go there..:)

Ifrit

They don't use the full potential of the sound system in the Sphere yet. So it may be a bit underwhelming.

Anton D

D&Co is a bust for me. The whole thing is a money grab by the dead. Myers voice has no place in the dead. If they wanted to crush it they would have had Jeff Mattson.

It's a shame. Go Furthur!
I would have liked Jeff Tweedy.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd have to try it inside for various audio for myself, do like the exterior graphics quite a bit in any case. A friend of mine who lives there liked it quite a bit....

Top Bottom