• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Power cable a-b-c sample test

NYfan2

Forum Donor

kongwee

Major Contributor
The difference is very little. Yeti has a slight longer decay. It is nice for vocal. For me it is stock cable. Decay affect speed, tempo. Listening at 65db with a 8" studio monitor.

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

kongwee

Major Contributor
What is the science behind a cable having decay?
It is the whole system. The same YETI cable, it might not have the effect on other system. It is recorded with full system, not measuring the cable itself. I do DAW, the decay time, I am quite sensitive if need. People usually refer as airy.

DonR

Major Contributor
It is the whole system. The same YETI cable, it might not have the effect on other system. It is recorded with full system, not measuring the cable itself. I do DAW, the decay time, I am quite sensitive if need. People usually refer as airy.
Again, what is the science behind a power cable causing delay? Just saying "it is the whole system" tells us nothing.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Again, what is the science behind a power cable causing delay? Just saying "it is the whole system" tells us nothing.
If you have to resort to science or worse yet, common sense, you're missing the point.

JRR

Much to the chagrin of some disciples of ASR we use science to describe occurring phenomena and not the other way around.

Just as you can not claim a sonic difference between cables without a blind test nor can you claim the opposite.

I don’t believe in power cables but the hostility and arrogance displayed by mostly laymen on ASR is going to take away from the actual value the community brings to the table.

Be nice.

DonR

Major Contributor
Much to the chagrin of some disciples of ASR we use science to describe occurring phenomena and not the other way around.

Just as you can not claim a sonic difference between cables without a blind test nor can you claim the opposite.

I don’t believe in power cables but the hostility and arrogance displayed by mostly laymen on ASR is going to take away from the actual value the community brings to the table.

Be nice.
Nonsense. If someone makes claims here they need to propose a basis for the claim otherwise it is just a subconscious bias on their part. This isn't head-fi or audiogon.

PS Welcome to the forum.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Be nice.
I guess we could politely ask them to prove their bizarre claims.

But please share with us what your approach would be.

Last edited:

JRR

Nonesense?

Is it none-sense to ask objectivists to follow their own ethos? Of course not.

If you claim powercables or any other contested subject make a sonic difference prove it!

If you claim they don’t make a sonic difference prove it!

Otherwise pipe down and have a slice of humblepie. Nobody cares what some opinionated layman claims to be the “truth”. It’s just ugly ego, sycophantic behavior.

You’ll notice the people on here who actually have a clue about the subject will use terms such as “in my experience”, “I believe”, “I prefer”.

The peanut gallery on here is the issue.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nonesense?

If you claim powercables or any other contested subject make a sonic difference prove it!

Otherwise pipe down and have a slice of humblepie. Nobody cares what some opinionated layman claims to be the “truth”. It’s just ugly ego, sycophantic behavior.

You’ll notice the people on here who actually have a clue about the subject will use terms such as “in my experience”, “I believe”, “I prefer”.

Very well. Several of us here in this thread design line-powered instrumentation. Not quite laymen.

DonR

Major Contributor
Nonesense?

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. I have 150 years of scientific proof (and two engineering degrees) behind me telling me such claims are as grounded as proving that fairies and elves exist. If someone says “in my experience”, “I believe”, “I prefer” I immediately see a person who has succumbed to subjective bias.

Top Bottom