• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

YouTube TV now supports 5.1 on Appletv

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
YouTube TV announces they now support 5.1 surround sound on Apple TV. Welcome to 2001...

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah i noticed 5.1 was also supported on my LG TV.

Has anyone wrote any articles about their new dynamic range compression? I haven’t heard many positive things.

Andysu

Major Contributor
an actual youtube now has six channel discrete digital audio ? dolby digital plus ? otherwise most copy mixes on yt would be 4.2.4 matrix .
so guess i have to download new yt software that should output from the pc though the HDMI to the avr denon avc-x8500h and enables Dolby digital depending on the encode mix could be 2.0 which is 4.2.4 , or discrete LCR or LCR S or LCRS LFE.1 depends ?

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been getting some youtube commercials in DD+ but not a subscriber to youtube/youtubetv at the moment so that kind of surprised me. Now if free youtube content would be available multich, that could be more interesting....

theBruce

It has been DD+ on the Roku for a few months now, can tell on a few things, but most Prime Time Shows ( the ones that would benefit from the better sound) I watch on the streaming services for the better quality ( for example, CBS shows I watch on Paramount+ for 1080P and even better DD+ sound).

I am pretty close to dropping it, the only thing I need it for is CNN, CNBC and Big Ten Channel, since every Traditional Broadcast/Cable Channel’s show are on streaming services either before/same day/day after and in better quality ( for one example, some of FX’s shows are in 4K on Hulu).

Top Bottom