• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your next cables? Cu+CNT

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

I was thinking today I need to upgrade my cables.

People on the subjective forums make fun of my Canare and Belden.

And they look pretty ho hum, too.

Daddy needs some scientifically-justifiable cable bling, and absent room temperature superconductors, this might do.

OP
DonH56

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Can't swear like that on here!

Cute, had to read back a couple of times before I figured out what you meant... Too lazy to change the title and need to get back to work (on Saturday, joy).

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Cute, had to read back a couple of times before I figured out what you meant... Too lazy to change the title and need to get back to work (on Saturday, joy).

I honestly thought you were being cheeky posting it. :eek:

The devil makes work for idle hands Don, crack on.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
As long as your speakers not need kilo Amps. And you not try to hang them on the speaker cables, from the top of empire state to the second floor, i see no benevit.

Katji

Major Contributor
I wish I could think of a way to share this with high-end audiophile cable manufacturers.

- reference copper
- higher-power applications, any lower resistivity and higher conductivity would be a plus since every bit of ohmmeter resistivity increment affects performance
- higher current-carrying capacity. The result not only yields lower loss,...
- a better conductor with less power loss, which in turn increases the efficiency and performance of the device.

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I wish I could think of a way to share this with high-end audiophile cable manufacturers.

There's probably already some new products based on this tech on the drawing board at various snake oil companies (no offence).

IMO, it won't have any useful application in audio cables. Neither for signals nor power.

But voice coils in speaker drivers might be a different story?

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

Interesting, the temperature coefficient of resistivity is the slope of those lines (which looks relatively unchanged). They lowered the resistivity but the TC looks to be almost unchanged. Besides that the improvement is less than one standard gauge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom