• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
While waiting for L30 to arrive, I am already searching for a replacement power supply should the one with the amp goes kaput. Not easy though... I hope Topping will supply this unusual power supply as individual units :)
I think we do. And I strongly not recommend to use with any 3rd party supply even the JDS or the schiit ones. Just ask the seller they should take care of that. Probably after the high demand period tho when everything starts to run smoothly.

Sak

There will be new portable amp nx7 for you.
Thanks for news.
As for me, I do not use portable amplifiers, especially at home. Now I prefer SP-200. it has good dimensions and is easy to carry in a bag during the flight. Good form factor, the main thing is that the power supply is built-in and for 100~240v, and it's not cumbersome in the end.
On the go, I usually use portable player, there is more than enough power for IEM.
There will also be a50s with external smps for 100-240v.
Very good news:)

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Thanks for news.
As for me, I do not use portable amplifiers, especially at home. Now I prefer SP-200. it has good dimensions and is easy to carry in a bag during the flight. Good form factor, the main thing is that the power supply is built-in and for 100~240v, and it's not cumbersome in the end.
On the go, I usually use portable player, there is more than enough power for IEM.

Very good news:)
I'm glad that you will be happy with sp200. We will also have a30pro that's similar form factor with internal supply as well.

raif71

Major Contributor
Yes. And a30pro will be priced higher than a50s too. A50s was delayed a couple of times. But it just went into production. A30pro will come later on. Not too soon but soon enough.
Topping is having an ampmazing moment right now :D

MSTARK

Now you @JohnYang1997 just need to figure out how to scale it all down to fit it into a headphone cup and sell it to hi-end headphone manufacturers. I know that HiFiMan and Audeze would be very happy to collaborate on such project. ;)

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That price is for L30+E30. Just L30 is 139.99
Back to this seller:
Price is mathematically correct - but I dislike that kind of advertising making someone think he is making a 100$ good deal :mad:
Topping add.jpg

MSTARK

One more thing that I need to clarify.
When I’ve said that low gain is “useless”, I meant with headphones I’ve listen to. I don’t want anybody get the wrong impression. For IEMs or something sensitive like my little Koss KPH30i or other sensitive cans it will probably work just fine.
I haven’t try my Audeze iSine10s yet but low gain might be all that their need. Next week I’ll test it with Audeze LCDX and Fostex cans.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
One more thing that I need to clarify.
When I’ve said that low gain is “useless”, I meant with headphones I’ve listen to. I don’t want anybody get the wrong impression. For IEMs or something sensitive like my little Koss KPH30i or other sensitive cans it will probably work just fine.
I haven’t try my Audeze iSine10s yet but low gain might be all that their need. Next week I’ll test it with Audeze LCDX and Fostex cans.
Low gain will be very useful for running high gain power amps too.

MSTARK

In other news , wheres the youtube hype train on this amp? The silence is defening it's wierd.
They’re probably waiting for freebies to arrive. Lol
On the side note, I wished that it had a little more headroom. Not to say that it can’t drive Aeons2 (it can) but 25%-%30 more power would be even better. Can’t say for sure but I feel that there could be something to gain by additional power as far as micro-dynamics and low end definition is concern. I could be wrong tho.
Bass boost (+/- 2or3db) would also be a nice feature.
But then I remembered, it’s $139. :facepalm:

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Why would you want to reach more than 130dB ?
30% more output power would bring it to 131.2dB ;)

There will be no gain in low end definition as the amp is DC coupled on its output.
Please define the metrics for micro-dynamics ..

Top Bottom