• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

akura

L30's warm even turned off. Is this normal?

Don't notice this on mine, it's been off overnight and doesn't feel warm. At the same time it's not stone cold either so depends on your definition of warm :D

zenki

Maybe leave it over night and check next morning.
I mean. The control part of the circuit is still running. But I don't really think it would be noticeable. Probably it's not as stone cold as something else. I think it's normal.
Nope it's still warm (you can feel the heat), but not blazing hot. Left it off for ~12hours. (Machine is off, power adapter plugged to live socket).
So just wondering if this' the norm.

akura

For reference on temp, I used a thermometer with a laser temp function and it measured a few things.

I've had my L30 off all day (power on from point but switched off on amp), it does sit on top of the DAC which has been on and it also sits about 4-5 cm under my monitor.

- Desk (wood): ~22c
- L30 Amp (center top case): ~27c
- E30 DAC (left side of case): ~28.6c
- Macbook (area to left/right of track pad): ~30c

So it might be warmer than ambient based on the desk temp, but doesn't seem a temp that would cause concern

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Have you patented NFCA? I think you have mentioned that the approach is nothing new, but It’s your own design and implementation right?
Probably in China. But meaningless. Impossible to do international.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Nope it's still warm (you can feel the heat), but not blazing hot. Left it off for ~12hours. (Machine is off, power adapter plugged to live socket).
So just wondering if this' the norm.
A little bit hotter than it should be I guess it's fine. If it's less hot than on then it's probably right.

boredatwork

@JohnYang1997 Side question, do you guys have any plans to do a speaker amp? Maybe a revision of the pa3? I'm still looking for a good performing small form factor speaker amp.

MechEngVic

Welp, L30 not shipping today like it was supposed to. Shipping from Apos delayed till August 26 (let's hope). Shipping upgrade and 15$ credit for future use, can't complain about Apos. I BLAME COVID !!!

MSTARK

My unit was shipped as promised. Perhaps it’s a demand not economy killing, incompetent legislators.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@JohnYang1997 Side question, do you guys have any plans to do a speaker amp? Maybe a revision of the pa3? I'm still looking for a good performing small form factor speaker amp.
He already said so, low distortion not very high power class AB of their own design.

charlesluo

Finally got my E30+L30 silver combo from apos today, after several days delay at custom. I think I caught the first batch. Good service and communication from apos.
They look better than the pictures online. I thought that I may not like the orange display on E30, but it turns out better than I imagined. And I really love the warm and agnostic feeling.
The sound is great. I'm no audiophile, but I can tell the sound is obviously better compared to my previous Schiit modi+magni stack, and the old encore mdsd for sure. I have tried on DT 880 and Hifiman 400i. Both are very clear and accurate, no exaggeration, perfect to my taste.
Thanks @JohnYang1997 and Topping. Definitely will consider future products from you.

Last edited:

boredatwork

Welp, L30 not shipping today like it was supposed to. Shipping from Apos delayed till August 26 (let's hope). Shipping upgrade and 15$ credit for future use, can't complain about Apos. I BLAME COVID !!!
Most likely you'll get it before then. They told me Aug 10th was the shipout date but I received mine on the 6th

MSTARK

I don’t think amps are shipped from Apos. DHLed from Asia directly to your door.

MechEngVic

Apos got a last minute shipment from Topping and my L30 is on its way! I still got the upgraded shipping and because I spent my 15$ credit right away, they let me keep it! My only problem with Apos now is I wish they carried more products!

Top Bottom