• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They upgraded my shipping to Express from Priority along with the credit...at least they're trying.
Did you have to ask them about when your order will ship, or they just gave the credit and shipping upgrade unprompted?

Kouioui

Forum Donor
Did you have to ask them about when your order will ship, or they just gave the credit and shipping upgrade unprompted?
They were the ones who stated when I placed the order shipping would start today, so I sent an email to customer support this morning and got the reply this afternoon with the upgrade and explanation for the delay.

MSTARK

....I think those upgrades/credit is automated. It just might take them a little while to send it out to customers.
At least that’s what I was told.

They’re trying to notify anyone who ordered with them. Not sure if “inconvenience” credit is issued to everyone but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the case.
I understand that there might be some issues with filling out orders during this time for both Apos and Topping. Few days of extra wait time shouldn’t be a big deal for anyone? I think.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They’re trying to notify anyone who ordered with them. Not sure if “inconvenience” credit is issued to everyone but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be the case.
I understand that there might be some issues with filling out orders during this time for both Apos and Topping. Few days of extra wait time shouldn’t be a big deal for anyone? I think.
Certainly not a big deal, but if all if I have to do is message support to get $5 credit and faster shipping, it is worth it.
Edit: I just received the email with the shipping upgrade and $10 of credit :) . Outside of Amazon, Apos has the best customer service for an online retailer IMO.

Last edited:

MSTARK

Certainly not a big deal, but if all if I have to do is message support to get $5 credit and faster shipping, it is worth it.
Doesn’t hurt to ask. But I was told they will try to contact everyone as soon as possible.

Kouioui

Forum Donor
Doesn’t hurt to ask. But I was told they will try to contact everyone as soon as possible.
Just received another email from Apos - We got a last minute shipment from TOPPING earlier today and we were able to get your order out just a moment ago. Good luck to all getting your orders filled and I'm looking forward to the new stack next week!

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I got the same emails, bump up in shipping speed, and credits, they came without me asking about anything, great to see a company out to please it's customers when there are missteps, even if it's not their doing.

MSTARK

If that little toy is as good as it looks on paper, they might have reoccurring problem stocking them. Lol
At least for a while......till the next “best” thing that is.
Once again, great job Apos (and Topping) and hope you get a break.

Hai

Just received another email from Apos - We got a last minute shipment from TOPPING earlier today and we were able to get your order out just a moment ago. Good luck to all getting your orders filled and I'm looking forward to the new stack next week!
Wow must be nice, I didn't receive that haha

Veri

Master Contributor
Will this be a good pairing with Argon MKIII?
Considering it has high gain mode and at least as much power as the Topping A90 single-ended, yes it should suffice. Just don't pair it with a low-output DAC like a dongle or something. A 2.0/2.1V output DAC (like almost all of them are) will be necessary.

drownie

Considering it has high gain mode and at least as much power as the Topping A90 single-ended, yes it should suffice. Just don't pair it with a low-output DAC like a dongle or something. A 2.0/2.1V output DAC (like almost all of them are) will be necessary.

Would the dac on my soundcard suffice? Asus Xonar Essence STX

Or should I grab something like the D10s?

mslim

I agree.

I have both devices. But I like the d10s better, with its large, jet numbers and body shape.
Everything is subjective. But when we have more choice, thats great :)

Does the D10s stack well with the L30? I haven't seen a stacked picture.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Does the D10s stack well with the L30? I haven't seen a stacked picture.
In the D10s review from wolf. They stack alright. Different depth but similar width.

Top Bottom