• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wireless open back headphones for silent disco

Adi108

Hello, I like the silent disco headphone system for events that I’m thinking of doing but I need the headphones to be open back so the participants can hear their own voices singing back. And the transmitter would be to be able to work with many of the headphones. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You'll probably want Bluetooth multipoint headphones where up to 2 can be used at the same time. Up to 8 total connected. Sennheiser Accentum is one example, but a search will show up lists of multipoint headphones. Sennheiser makes the RS series for TV watching, and those should support multiple units off one stream. UHF wireless headphones might be worth checking, since they wouldn't have interference from a room full of people with wireless phones blasting off. Bluetooth might be a trick to maintain a signal in an environment that busy.

Mr Swing King

Personally I would focus mostly on comfort. I’ve tried a few silent discos at the Roskilde Festival and outside of not being able to hear one another, because the cans were closed, the biggest issue I had was heat.
As with most discos people tend to dance and frolick around the dance floor. Having something covering your ears and the side of your face can get really uncomfortably warm.
Opting for something like the Koss PortaPro wireless could wipe out both of the above gripes I had with a silent disco: they’re extremely light, openback and doesn’t cost and arm and a leg if someone breaks them during an inspired breakdance move.

Top Bottom