• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1000001490.jpg

Seems a bit excessive for pasta Bolognese, but it's mighty tasty.

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Wow, gutsy opening a '20 B-C. Glad it showed so well.

And for the post before that, I have a '82 Batailley that I just picked up from auction. Will be eager to try that one. In recent vintages, I have preferred Haut-Batailley, but for back vintages it's a closer race.

Old Listener

For Xmas dinner, 2006 Heitz Cellar Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. We drank about half of the bottle and we'll drink the rest on New Year's Eve.

The dinner of flank steak, roast potatoes, and parsnips was quite good in spite of a disaster in the kitchen. Plum pudding with hard sauce for dessert was even better.

Tonight we'll be eating roast pork tenderloin, stuffing and stewed apples. No wine with dinner tonight but we might have 2012 Taylor Fladgate late bottled vintage port with cheese and nuts after dinner.

CapMan

Major Contributor
Wow, gutsy opening a '20 B-C. Glad it showed so well.

And for the post before that, I have a '82 Batailley that I just picked up from auction. Will be eager to try that one. In recent vintages, I have preferred Haut-Batailley, but for back vintages it's a closer race.
The Batailley was very approachable, reasonably soft but enough tannin to go with the roast rib on Xmas day!

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I'm thinking Heidsieck, Tinpot, Altos, Antinori, Rivera, DOW'S ;)
1703936848048.jpg

I'm having second thoughts on the order of Antinori and Altos... Sure it's Malbec, but this one comes from a very high altitude...

I hop you're stacked for New Year's and may it be a very happy one!

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No offense, but I really think whatever joy you got from it, you've missed getting a whole lot more in 6 years from now.

I'm not saying it can't be enjoyable, but there was so much more this wine wanted to say...
Since I'm probably going to be dead 6 years from now, I figured I'd enjoy it now. But you're right; most people ought to lay this down. It's nonetheless very good even now.

DTTOM37

no pics, sorry
some champagne for my wife, I did with a cheap sauvignon from the Loire valley.
For our salad with cheese, we had the better part of a 2015 Clos Manou from Medoc.
After spending some time with the dogs outside, I'll finish the evening/that year with a glass of 12 year old Knock & Do. (It's more about the mum of my 13 year old dog who was named after that whiskey rather than my once a year feel for a stronger brew.)
enjoy what's left of 2023, have a lemmy good start into 2024
lemmy new year.jpg

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_6454.jpeg
Happy New Year

Attachments

• IMG_6455.jpeg
    IMG_6455.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 21

DTTOM37

View attachment 321046View attachment 321043

We’re a long way from Europe, but these make the journey. All good so far, the Coutelou not yet opened. The Primeur is a favourite. The sediment in natural wines sometimes forms great crystals.
Quite funny to see some Mosse wine (on table in Australia) in this thread. I visited them in 2015, that was big fun !
Shared a botlle of Initial B.B. with some friends from Chicago last September in Brittany, close to Quiberon.
;-)
mosse 2023.jpg

DTTOM37

Actually, it had been a Loire trip in February 2014 (was mistaken by the year …)
There had been a bunch of enthusiasts and some pro’s together in a small group visiting Clos Rougeard, Thierry Germain, Domaine Guibertau, Hospices des Saumur (Clos Cristal), La Domaine Mosse and Domain Bertin-Delatte.
Even it had been quite a delight - people, experience and wine - I decided back than that I wouldn’t be enthusiast enough to work in that field.
LOIRE 2014.jpg

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Quite funny to see some Mosse wine (on table in Australia) in this thread. I visited them in 2015, that was big fun !
Shared a bottle of Initial B.B. with some friends from Chicago last September in Brittany, close to Quiberon.

How great to go there! I discovered them much later, but there are a few importer bottle-shops over here that bring uncommon wines in, as luck has it. The lineup in your next post is super impressive.

Top Bottom