• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why aren't there more honest and objective reviewers like ASR and Amir?

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have a Tag Heuer (sp?) electric that broke last year after 25 years. Replaced it with an Apple Watch.

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
Always liked my clear mechanical Swatch with velcro band. Could see very gear and rocker in action for $14. Still have never worn since the '80's. Phone does all the work now.

Wow nobody told me mobile phones had clocks on them, and just discovered my lady has put a tracking program on mine, now I understand how she see were I buy Star Trek Vids. :eek:

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think we also have to give credit to some or shall I say the fair few companies who are willing to work with Amir to improve their product albeit it might be for personal business interests. This is especially true for AVR's as it seems that it is really difficult to get good performance with home theatre systems that have 9 internal amps.

Also lets not forget the smaller manufacturers who build speakers or audio products based on science and take part in the forum, technical experts who chime in continously and passionately keep the forum alive.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
I think we also have to give credit to some or shall I say the fair few companies who are willing to work with Amir to improve their product albeit it might be for personal business interests. This is especially true for AVR's as it seems that it is really difficult to get good performance with home theatre systems that have 9 internal amps.

Also lets not forget the smaller manufacturers who build speakers or audio products based on science and take part in the forum, technical experts who chime in continously and passionately keep the forum alive.
what do Amir, all the companies can do.

The companies who send their product to ASR, hope a commercial profit by the limitation of the advertising costs (big savings). On website, we can read ASR review.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Since when the profession of carpenter is science?
I spent 25 years in industrial refrigeration, nobody did any science and developing a condensing unit or refrigerate 20000 m² is much more complex than an MDF box, transducers and a filter or dsp.
A well designed speaker with respect to the state of the art Floyd Toole is doable by a skilled person.
Any audiovisual repairer can develop a DAC or an Amplifier producing good measurements.

2M2B

Because a lot of companies that live of Subjective thinking get mad that $99 DAC's are enough & that $199 headphones with proper EQ can rival a lot of TOTL headphones.

Colin James Wonfor

Technical Expert
The Wonf
I had to worked with Dr John Cook, at Hughes, he was just amazing very forgetful often turned up in the Lab in slippers, but he could look under a microscope and within minutes tell you what a chip did and then draw it on CAD in 3D . Now that was carpentry on a Si level. Nuts yes but great to learn from. (We used a program called Mentor Graphic, complex as hell, I use now Ares & Isis)

Top Bottom