• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which of these for (symphonic) metal

Darkscience

Only speaker I am familiar with on your list is the R5 and with a pair of subs would sound great, but your also 4m away, so idk if it would work. R11 or REF 3 would be better.

I listen to the same kind of music as you, on Cornwall IV Klipsch hehe, sounds great to me. Can you tell me a couple songs you really like? I want to listen to them on my system and see how they sound to me.

OP
P

pererpan

I would go R5 + a couple of SVS 2000 Pro subs.
That will be above budget. Kef R5 1800,-- Euro plus svs 2000 pro 1099,-- Euro. And don't know if this will be matched with my MF m5si amp.

The older Nightwish are very bad recorded. Example track Wish i had a angel or Wishmaster. Bloodbound example satanic panic. Several albums of battle beast, Sirenia, Epica, Within temptation

Streamc

Kef R5; not bright? I like a warmer full bodied sound. But that small woofers:rolleyes:
MA silver 300 and 500 6g now also for good price. Last MA i have heard was the RX6f. Too bright.

Tannoy xt8f; fantastic bass and soundstage, but again bright highes.
I do not think R5 would be bright. I own R3 and listen them with many amps. It is never bright.

Top Bottom