• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where to place speakers in a tricky room?

OP
H

Harryharryharry

Unorthodox rooms,unorthodox suggestion:

How about mounting the speakers not on the front wall but on the ceiling above the MLP considerably closer than the wall with expendable brackets?
Interesting! On the ceiling a few meters forward of the MLP do you mean?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Interesting! On the ceiling a few meters forward of the MLP do you mean?
Yep!
I searched a little and there are gazillion of solutions like this that will also give you the freedom to rotate them to the other sofa if you feel like siting there some times.

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Unorthodox rooms,unorthodox suggestion:

How about mounting the speakers not on the front wall but on the ceiling above the MLP considerably closer than the wall with expendable brackets?
Seconded. I listen my top front channels alot in stereo and it works great.

OP
H

Harryharryharry

Alright cheers will have another think. It would mean no TV sound for anyone on the sofa but maybe I'll have to prioritise music over that

ozzy9832001

Depending on the windows, they often end up like bass traps...I have 4 of them in my Home Office, which is fine if you have a sub. Otherwise the response is probably going to be very varied between the two speakers. One of these situations where testing and listening is probably going to be the best situation. I'd get a nice pair of speaker stands and see what you can do. My personal taste is not to have speakers up high. Never sounds right to me.

Top Bottom