• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What should I measure ….

CapMan

Major Contributor
Just for s**ts and giggles I am running my speakers (Harbeth P3) from our Marantz Cinema 70 AVR. This is instead of my Devialet Expert Pro amp.

Both setups use dual SVS micro 3000 subs crossed over at 120Hz in a 2.1 configuration. The subs and mains have been measured and aligned in REW and subs optimised flat with MSO. I am running the AVR in stereo (2.1) with Audyssey disabled. The devialet has a similar high pass filter applied on the mains.

Roon is streaming to the AVR over Airplay (limited to 44.1/16 I think) and with Roon Raat to the Devialet at full/native sample rate and bit depth.

Room is small (12x12’) and I play up to a nominal 75dB at my listening position .

In spite of the massive difference in amp specifications (and cost), cheapy speaker cabling and down sampled resolution it is not at all obvious what I am loosing in an actual room with all of its inherent real world imperfections.

I plan to run some sweeps in REW with both setups and will post the outcomes on this thread . I wanted to get some input on what I can usefully measure for this group.

I am just gobsmacked at how similar this new setup sounds. Will be interesting to see what REW says …

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Cool.

I’d love to see a MMM around the MLP for both setups.

Top Bottom