• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the better wiring for a DAC? Long USB cable vs. long unbalanced RCA?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This scheme won't work?

View attachment 330629
That is NOT a network interface, though it looks very similar. This actually (tries to) transport USB over the ethernet cable. It may work for you. But seeing the negative reviews there seem to be some issues with cameras, which may have similar amounts of data bandwidth needs.

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
As I said before, check if it supports USB in High Speed mode. They don't say so and looking at the devices in the picture, they are all low or full speed.
This one does

boxerfan88

Looks like boxerfan88 has already implemented this. I would want to do the same, except with short RCA cables from the DAC to the preamp.

Yes, I am using daily. I checked my Shopee order, small correction, I am using 10M extender, with dual amplifier. Here is the screenshot of the item that I bought. Ensure you choose USB3. You’ll have to search for it at your favourite online store.

IMG_9530.png

IMG_9531.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
P

paulg1

Thanks, boxerfan88. That is available and reasonably priced in 10m length.

Top Bottom