• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

roz

Once I have my speaker setup figured out, maybe my Sony Z7 mk1 and ZMF Verite Opens

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I do live in Canada though, not sure if there will be any hassle sending these over the border in this context.
That's a major hassle unfortunately. And doubles the cost. So let's see if we can get local volunteers first.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Once I have my speaker setup figured out, maybe my Sony Z7 mk1 and ZMF Verite Opens
Let me know. Love to test the ZMF. On Sony, what is different about V2? If not much then would be good to test that as well.

roz

Let me know. Love to test the ZMF. On Sony, what is different about V2? If not much then would be good to test that as well.

Will do!

Regarding the Sony, the mk1 supposedly has a mid-bass hump whereas the mk2 has a more controlled bass. But I found these on ebay for very cheap(along with the Kimber cables(I know I know)), which is why I've kept them. Not really the best headphones technically, but they're a fun set.

Kchuenmusic

Will do!

Regarding the Sony, the mk1 supposedly has a mid-bass hump whereas the mk2 has a more controlled bass. But I found these on ebay for very cheap(along with the Kimber cables(I know I know)), which is why I've kept them. Not really the best headphones technically, but they're a fun set.

Would be great if we can see the ZMF gets tested. Very curious to see if they fall into Abyss’s camp or Dan Clark’s camp.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I could send a pair of Meze 99 Noir.
That would be great. Please start a conversation with me and we will take it from there.

ZMF Verite is coming for review already.

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Rather pedestrian stuff available for measurement if desired:

MassDrop HIFIMAN HE4XX
MassDrop Sennheiser HD6XX
Sennheiser HD569

npol

Forum Donor
I have:
Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed
Beyer T1 (1st gen)
Beyer T5p (2nd gen)
Beyer DT880, 250 ohm
I am happy to send one or more or all together.
The T1 and T5p have aftermarket cables (I replaced the original cables as they were both heavily worn when I acquired them) although I do not believe this would affect measurements.

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I have:
Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed
Beyer T1 (1st gen)
Beyer T5p (2nd gen)
Beyer DT880, 250 ohm
I am happy to send one or more or all together.
The T1 and T5p have aftermarket cables (I replaced the original cables as they were both heavily worn when I acquired them) although I do not believe this would affect measurements.
Thanks! The ones that are out of production are interesting, but less valuable to others I suspect. I would love to see the 880 / 250. I sent the 990 pro / 250, so it would allow comparison without impedance as a variable. I can help with shipping the 880 / 250, and perhaps others if @amirm wants to test them too.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am local and can provide
1)Audio Technica ATH-m50x.
2)Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT. Note: these are both bluetooth (APTX-HD and LDAC) and USB cable input. I would love to see how they perform differently from USB input vs. LDAC bluetooth vs. APTX-HD bluetooth.
3)KZ s10pro - In ear headphone.
4)Zero audio tenore - in ear headphone.
5) Zero audio carbo basso - in ear headphone.
6)Sony wf1000xm3 true wireless headphones

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I am local and can provide
1)Audio Technica ATH-m50x.
2)Audio Technica ATH-DSR9BT. Note: these are both bluetooth (APTX-HD and LDAC) and USB cable input. I would love to see how they perform differently from USB input vs. LDAC bluetooth vs. APTX-HD bluetooth.
3)KZ s10pro - In ear headphone.
4)Zero audio tenore - in ear headphone.
5) Zero audio carbo basso - in ear headphone.
6)Sony wf1000xm3 true wireless headphones
I am curious about M50X since I have a pair. I could send them too. Up to the boss.

npol

Forum Donor
I just noticed that the Focal utopia can be purchased from B&H with 30 day return policy. Could be an option.
Most other Focal headphones are unfortunately 'special order'

Reiten966

Hey, I am in Socal and can send in

Ab1266 Phi
Diana Phi
Diana V2
ZMF Verite
Beyer T5p 2nd
Beyer T1 2nd

Yes, I like my Abysses despite the arguably audible distortions. :D

Andysu

Major Contributor
Yeah. It's just odd to me how they changed the sound signature so much from the X1/X2/X2HR that people clearly liked. Then again, Coca-Cola controlled 85% of the soda market in the 1980s, and one day they randomly decided 'hey, let's change the taste! New Coke!'
coca cola I poured the last vileness of that down the kitchen sink started to make feel sick while eating a papa john pizza that I threw out the window for the foxes to eat or sniff at and walk away from.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
A jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread—and Thou

Omar got it right..:)

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
coca cola I poured the last vileness of that down the kitchen sink started to make feel sick while eating a papa john pizza that I threw out the window for the foxes to eat or sniff at and walk away from.
Pertinent here because they didn't get their blind testing right. They tested small samples, like 25mL, and some tests compared cold Pepsi to warm Coke. Post-blunder they found that preferences changed with a full serving because Pepsi/Coke2 were sweeter. People preferred the dryer original Coke in full servings but not in a sip-sized test sample.

Andysu

Major Contributor
^ I wouldn't know or care and hope pepsi, coke and kfc, burger king, and evil macdonlds goes bankrupt couldn't care less. the way they treat animals and give their products nice fancy colour graphics. maybe some groups should market their evil products the way it really is to put people off eating drinking their evil products.

brachypelma44

^ I wouldn't know or care and hope pepsi, coke and kfc, burger king, and evil macdonlds goes bankrupt couldn't care less. the way they treat animals and give their products nice fancy colour graphics. maybe some groups should market their evil products the way it really is to put people off eating drinking their evil products.

Does evil McDonald's have a goatee the same way evil Spock had a goatee on Star Trek?

Top Bottom