• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are your favorite most listened to music tracks. Name 2 or 3 tracks or more if you feel like it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In the background these tracks have been getting lots of playtime in the recent past 3 weeks.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Keep picking these tracks when wanting to play loud lately.
Dio, holy diver
Fight, into the pit
Nomine and youngster, hidden
Whatarwoll music, street love

w00b3r

Told my family to bury me with Vanilla's discography. I will find a way to take it with me. lol

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I feel like a fish out of water here. All my favorite listens are classical, with #1 being Beethoven's 7th Symphony.

However ...... I do sometimes listen to more recent stuff. A few that I can listen to over and over are Zappa's Willie the Pimp, Zachary Richard's Take me Deep and the Tedeschi Trucks Band's Midnight in Harlem (live).

Jim
Zachary Richard is very underrated in my opinion.

GD Fan

Forum Donor
According to Tidal here are my four most played tracks recently.

BoredErica

I think I listen to different stuff than most on ASR, but here goes. I try to post one of each type of track for variety's sake.

City Girl is one of the new artists I've been paying attention to starting from 1-2 yr ago. City Girl, Purrple Cat, Kupla, and L'indecis are chill beat/chill beat adjacent artists that I've like.

I really like 3:59. I think music from a Japanese MMORPG turns people off because people have a lot of preconceived notions. I think most people who just listen to a few tracks will come away with a more open mind.

I listen to fair bit of lofi/chill beats. Some people criticize that stuff saying it's too samey from track to track and it's just good as background music. But there are tracks I really like and I listen to intently.

I think people dismiss music from the game because it's 2d, cartoony sidescroller. But to me music is music, and if I like it, I like it. I find it to be a very emotional track.

This was on the radio a lot 10yr ago.

I think their voices are really good!

Love the female vocals here. It was fun playing Witcher 3, exploring the nature in the game, and hearing this song.

I love the first 2 tracks. They look really into their music. I have 2-3 tracks by them. They are one of the artists in Chillhop which is also chill beats channel. But I really don't think this is just background music material.

Last edited:
OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I listen to different stuff than most on ASR, but here goes. I try to post one of each type of track for variety's sake.
The Witcher has some pretty golden reviews and good commentary around it. I watched a walkthrough for about 20 minutes and it was the beginning of the game and I'm wondering if it's more of the same when a person gets into the game a hour or two and more? Does it get more exciting? I'm used to first person shooter games in the run and gun format and sniper stealth and so I appreciate a well designed and produced game but boring is boring and I don't play stuff that's boring to me. I'll absorb the expense and ignore the game and never play it.

BoredErica

The Witcher has some pretty golden reviews and good commentary around it. I watched a walkthrough for about 20 minutes and it was the beginning of the game and I'm wondering if it's more of the same when a person gets into the game a hour or two and more? Does it get more exciting? I'm used to first person shooter games in the run and gun format and sniper stealth and so I appreciate a well designed and produced game but boring is boring and I don't play stuff that's boring to me. I'll absorb the expense and ignore the game and never play it.
IMO, the DLCs are lot more fun than the base game as far as story is concerned. Hearts of Stone has a story with a villan that is told in a way I've not seen in other games before. Some people love just being in the world and learning about what monster oils to use for what monster. I remember Lex Friedman podcast where he talks about how he likes to just walk around Skyrim and sometimes not even play, just watch the world go by. It's definitely not for everyone though.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
IMO, the DLCs are lot more fun than the base game as far as story is concerned. Hearts of Stone has a story with a villan that is told in a way I've not seen in other games before. Some people love just being in the world and learning about what monster oils to use for what monster. I remember Lex Friedman podcast where he talks about how he likes to just walk around Skyrim and sometimes not even play, just watch the world go by. It's definitely not for everyone though.
LoL.. Yesss, I walked around in World of Warcraft for hours exploring and then I just got to the point where I killed everything and was madly slaying characters that where apparently being friendly or something. Hehe. World of Warcraft is sooo colorful and beautiful to view. It's not top notch graphics the stuff I was viewing but they made the most of what they used for a game engine and they certainly made it nice. :D

Top Bottom