• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s the best way to EQ a 2.2 system?

droid2000

This is all new to me, so please forgive me if I’m overlooking the obvious.

I have a 2.1 system where I measured each main speaker separately (with single sub running) using REW/UMIK, and then created PEQ filters for each channel that I configured in Roon. The system sounds great.

But now I have a second sub arriving in a couple days. There are a lot of ways to measure and EQ all four speakers. For some reason I can’t find a definitive answer in ASR forums, or on the googles. My components are listed below:
  1. Roon with 10 band PEQ per channel available
  2. RME ADI-2 DAC with 7 band PEQ per channel available.
  3. SVS sub with 3 band PEQ
  4. MartinLogan sub with no PEQ
The DAC XLR outputs go to an amp feeding the two main speakers. The DAC RCA outputs go to a Y-splitter to feed each sub.

Note - I want to get a MiniDSP with Dirac to help with all this, but the wife is cringing at all the costs so far, so let’s hold off on that purchase for a while.

Top Bottom