• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

went above my budget. so changed my choices. hope you can help me pick out

turon

Hi im a newbie. ive auditioned speakers and here are the choices i have that would be okay for me either way. prices are almost the same.
cannot audition it at my home coz cant do it from where im from so just store audition.

im probably gonna do 50/50 music and movies and already got an x3700h denon receiver. speakers im choosing from are.

Revel F36 / Focal Chora 826 / and Kef Q950

also, for Revel and Kef, is it worth the jump from F36 and Q750 thanks

JSmith

Master Contributor
Revel F36
This would probably be my pick from your choices listed.

Some info to assist;

Revel-F36-fr-thumb-650xauto-16583.jpg

The response plot of the F36 could be used to illustrate the ideal dispersion for a loudspeaker. Except for a roughly half-octave-wide dip in the treble, the on-axis plot is almost perfectly flat.

Focal Chora 826
520focal.lab1.jpg

I doubt you'd be unhappy with any of them really, especially if you're using room correction.

JSmith

OP
T

turon

Is there a particular reason why you're going for these a bit outdated designs?
ohhh based on reviews solely im kinda new. is there anything you would recommend with the same price range. also, we dont have a lot of choices here in the philippines

OP
T

turon

This would probably be my pick from your choices listed.

Some info to assist;

Revel-F36-fr-thumb-650xauto-16583.jpg

520focal.lab1.jpg

I doubt you'd be unhappy with any of them really, especially if you're using room correction.

JSmith
i guess KEF is out of the picture? anyway thanks for this. :) loved hearing both of the. so i kinda looked in aesthetics and the focals are gorgeous. but seeing these might change my mind again

theshade

Hi im a newbie. ive auditioned speakers and here are the choices i have that would be okay for me either way. prices are almost the same.
cannot audition it at my home coz cant do it from where im from so just store audition.

im probably gonna do 50/50 music and movies and already got an x3700h denon receiver. speakers im choosing from are.

Revel F36 / Focal Chora 826 / and Kef Q950

also, for Revel and Kef, is it worth the jump from F36 and Q750 thanks
I vote for revel. Or you could get active speakers like genelec 8030c. Stage craft international is the dealer in the philippines.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Revel F36

Top Bottom