• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh I just say I never intro'd myself to others.

I introduced myself in a very wordy way in this thread :-D: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...ory-telling-35-year-audiophile-journey.29424/

I live in the California Bay Area but was born in Spain (Barcelona) and have lived in many places prior to moving to my current destination.

I am only interested in equipment because music (not equipment bragging) is something I need every day.I always end my day chilling to some classical or jazz. And I need it to sound good. I do love to see measurements as evidence that something has been competently designed, yet I also ultimately have my preferences- I am not a constant upgrader because the latest gear has measurements that are 0.1% better etc.

The ultimate proof is when I sit down with a glass of Barolo at the end of the day, and the Berliner Philharmoniker or Bill Evans perform for me... and I am pleased... oh and my cat (Boli, a British Shorthair) walks up between the speakers and plonks down to enjoy, too (barely out of reach, of course). :-D

Glad to be here - know I hate confrontation, if I ever say something that offends anyone, tell me and I'll apologize and edit. It always amazes me that we audiophiles share a passion for a hobby 99.99% of others couldn't care less about, and yet I have witnessed a lot of hatred and vitriol in silly audio discussions. I never ever want to be part of that!

See you in the forums!

Last edited:

FishInLA

Greetings from Los Angeles! My background is engineer-adjacent - I have spent my career in cinema audio and later localization and distribution - first at DTS, then Datasat, then Deluxe and now at digital cinema mastering house Eikon. I am not an engineer but I've spent a lot of time in meetings with them and can translate between the sales/marketing folks and the engineering types.

I am mostly an objectivist, and have a pretty modest system by the standards of many on these sorts of forums - apartment-dwelling without a dedicated room, but I do have a pretty nice 5.1 setup that is gratifying for both movies and music.

I am lucky in that my hobbyist's interest in audio has dovetailed with my career in Hollywood, especially the 15 years I spent with DTS/Datasat. If anyone ever has any questions about cinema audio, home video remixes, the old Dolby/DTS format wars etc I'm happy to chime in.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
my career in Hollywood, especially the 15 years I spent with DTS/Datasat. If anyone ever has any questions about cinema audio, home video remixes, the old Dolby/DTS format wars etc I'm happy to chime in.
Welcome and will keep this in mind, as I'm very much a video as well as an audio enthusiast. I have big shelves of DVD/BD's. :)

JSmith

yusake

Hi, I'm Yusake from France (yeah, Focal's country) !
I'm 32 years old, in a relationship and young dad of a 10 month old little boy :) Unlike Amirm, I can't make him listen to my headphones for advice but it won't be long X)
I have been following the forum for a while and I decided to register to be able to exchange with its members.
I already want to thank its contributors for all the work, comments and exchanges they bring, it's a really exciting forum for all sound lovers.
Looking forward to reading and discussing you ;)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

kranius

Hi, I'm a software engineer from France. I'm not sure I have a lot to contribute as I only have a modest system (dt 770 + motu m2, previously denon d2000 + prodigy hd2). I'm interested in theory, hardware + software, DIY and of course music . I'm really grateful as I've learned a ton through this forum and its members.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom