• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vioelectric V281 Clone

Bluess

So I came across this little amplifier while surfing Taobao. It's a clone of the famous HPA-V281 by Lake People.
The seller claim that it was not a replica but rather a copy version which removes unnecessary parts keeping only the amp part to reduce long signal lines and audio loss.
Some buyers gave very positive reviews so I'm quite interested. Has anyone tried this before?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w4023-11699250238.10.41106f740vgZbT&id=554932225860

Tortie

Forum Donor
I would not touch that with a 10ft poll. There has been other clones with the "Melodious" moniker that claimed to be clones of two Beyerdynamic amps. No one took any interest in them and they can be found on ebay. A friend of friend that lives in China told me these clone companies use really poor components. The designs are lousy and not exact to the originals. Quality is bad and I doubt these products are tested.

Top Bottom