• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vegas Globe/Sphere “Audio/Video like never before!”

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
This looks simply incredible and amazing. World’s largest LED display with 16k resolution. 2.3 Billon to Build and stands over 366 feet high over 500 feet wide. It seats 18,000 people inside and has a large performance stage in the center. Vegas' new venue lighting up the skyline. Will be used for Concerts and Sporting events. The video of this thing looks fake and completely unbelievable. But it’s true and it’s real! Talk about a Wow factor!

https://www.cnn.com/videos/travel/2023/07/06/msg-sphere-las-vegas-led-travel-contd-jo-orig.cnn

More details about how it was designed and built: (Look how small the cars driving past it are! Imagine the accidents to come.)

Last edited:
OP
AdamG

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Update on the Audio System:

“Freeman simply touched his handheld tablet and suddenly 167,000 amplified loudspeaker drivers, housed in 1,600 permanently installed HOLOPLOT X1 loudspeaker modules placed around the Sphere, along with another 300 mobile modules, fired up creating crisp, clean, high-quality audio, which sounded as if the speakers were directly in front of you rather than hundreds of feet away.”

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Sphere opened last night. I'm curious if any ASR-heads were there?

It looks incredible, obviously. But also looks like it could be distracting or irritating for concert going?

P.S. UCR has a lot more pictures:

Last edited:

Andysu

Major Contributor
interesting
bit expensive tickets , and the more things change , the more they stay and remain the same
its like , omnimax 70mm , only it's a video screen wall
interesting but from videos heard , still has a largish echo

84945ce1-0244-4f4c-8c7e-ee9d752b10f3_1920x1080.jpg
Science-Center-OMNIMAX-Theater.jpg

Last edited:

Anton D

Any mini-domers here yet!

Post what ya did!

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Anton D

Ouch! Negative EBIT I can understand due to high amortization maybe, but losing money at gross margin sound like bad pricing - I wonder if that's why the CFO has left. Anyway, I reckon they will be fine in the long run.

Anyone had the chance to go there yet? Any impressions on the audio experience?
I have a wine buddy who went to see U2 there. He's not a U2 fan, but was taken by another person. He loved the 'sound' so much, he bought tickets to three more shows. He's not an audiophile, but said the sound was clean and immersive, not realizing how louded it was until he tried to tell his friend something.

"Sneaky loud" seems like a cool descriptor.

His was only a subjective impression.

Top Bottom