• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Using Two Source with one Sub.

nbat58

I have a REL HT1205 already connected via LFE to my Denon 6700, can the subwoofer be connected to my stereo integrated amp (NAD C356BEE) with the new wireless REL air HT mkii via RCA, I will only be using one source at the time of course.

If this will work, how would I connect the transmitter to the stereo amp, via the available speaker B connection? I am not bi Amping, therefore this connection is free.

The below is the answer REL gave, but is that because they want to sell more subs?

"Thank you for reaching out. When connecting to a REL subwoofer, we recommend either exclusively using a direct wired connection, or exclusively using a wireless connection."

Apprentice

No direct experience with this particular equipment, but I am doing the same with SVS SB 2000 pro; LFE to one RCA input (marked LFE, R input in your case) and wireless to the other RCA input (L input). I expect you could use the Pre out 1 on the NAD. The L input will miss the processing done by Denon, while using the settings on the sub will affect both inputs (and hence it would be better if avoided, so that it doesnt mess with the Denon). You may therefore want to take into account an additional device interposed between NAD and sub to process the output from NAD (e.g. Minidsp, that would allow sub integration).

Top Bottom