• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

USB OTG Bit Perfect from Galaxy S7 Edge ?

Vanboozin

Hello
First off i wanna say if i hadn't found this site i would be about $1,500 Richer hahaa.
I've purchased a couple DAC,Amps & Headphones since finding you.

Most of my listening is Foobar from Laptop-Dac-Amp-Headphones, that all works great, no sweat there.

What i'm wondering is i have this little portable Beauty of a ifi idsd BL, and would love to send an "untouched" or bit perfect signal into it from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, i know it has the Exynos Dac already but not sure if that's gonna cut it ? I plan to use the foobar app with a USB adapter to the Digital Input on the idsd (OTG).

I also read a little on the USB Audio Player Pro app ( people seem satisfied from what i read ), if i purchased the app & installed the drivers could i accomplish my goal ? or is there another option ?
I'm also very curious to see what my phone is actually putting out for a bitrate etc...how could i find this out ?
I am waiting for a USB 2.0 OTG to Micro adapter so cant test it just yet.

Feel free to reply if you have any insight ( it would be much appreciated ) but please don't encourage me to spend anymore lute !! :D

Cheers

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
unless u have hard to drive cans, and urs is Exynos (international) Galaxy S7 edge - you won't need anything special. upgrade to Oreo - then u won't even need USB Player Pro. Oreo supports 24 bit natively. Otherwise get Topping nx4.

OP
V

Vanboozin

Cool Thanks I did not realize the Native 24 bit with Oreo, Ya mine is SM-G935F international Unlocked & Rooted, i'm on Oreo, the idsd powers my 650's nice so sounds like i can have decent tunes on the go. Just need that USB cable first...

OP
V

Vanboozin

Got my cable & happy to report it works very well in foobar app, simply have to switch USB Configuration type to "Audio Source"
:)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 272

drew.woz

Yeah, I know this thread is a bit old. I can confirm that Galaxy S7 with Oreo works nicely over OTG USB with Topping E30. Though I tried an old Samsung Galaxy S4 over OTG USB any no sound from E30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom