• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon UHD bit perfect on Windows 10 App?

Don927

Anyone know how to make this work? Works fine (bit perfect) streaming from my Wiim Mini to my Topping E50 with the Amazon Android app or the Wiim app. I can't figure out how to do the same with the Amazon Windows App from my laptop using USB. I have my laptop set at 24/192 which is the highest resolution for Amazon Ultra HD, so UHD is fine. But everything just runs at the Windows settings. Amazon HD material (16/44) upscaled to the Windows settings at 24/192 probably doesn't sound much different than if it was bit perfect, but it would be nice if it would work properly. Thanks.

OP
D

Don927

Sadly it can't be done.
I kind of figured that. Hopefully Amazon will update their app to fix that, as going USB from the computer has a different sound than streaming. I'd say a bit smoother sounding than streaming for whatever reason, even though the Wiim has been measured here and has virtually no jitter.

JoRodgers

Nothing that streams from Amazon Music HD on a Windows machine, using the Amazon desktop app, is bit perfect.

Top Bottom