• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

usb dac help laptop to passive pre amp to jbl srx835p

glenhansen

My plan laptop all my red book cds on its drive wav files. Then find a good quality usb dac with balanced out. So the chain laptop to usb out to dac with or without volume control to jblsrx835p speakers. Budget $500 plus or minus. I have a cheap xlr passive pre amp. I have 100 ft. of xlr running to the jbl srx835p https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/SRX835P_SpecSheet_3 20 15.pdf. My set up is here
poor video but is shows what I am doing. I am thinking about the dx7s balanced dac. thanks in advance

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
G

glenhansen

Topping d50 on its way back to amazon. It just cut out no sound randomly. I had to do full power unplug it from power to reset it many times.
I ordered what should be a no regrets purchase https://www.rme-usa.com/adi-2-dac.html. Looking at the review for this the channel matching is super close almost perfect it will be very interesting to hear. To go back in time I once had a wadia 860x to a spectral dmc 20 preamp to gryphon amp to avalon eclipse speakers with accuton ceramic drivers. The wadia was ok but the koetsu rosewood signature on a tnt turntable literally demolished the cd presentation. I want to be impressed with digital actually hoping.
If not expensive used vinyl records will reappear. # 1 Record cleaner diy or buy huge improvement. #2 turntable with disc clamp.
With modern tech there should be some great affordable phono stages. now this

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping d50 on its way back to amazon. It just cut out no sound randomly. I had to do full power unplug it from power to reset it many times.
I ordered what should be a no regrets purchase https://www.rme-usa.com/adi-2-dac.html. Looking at the review for this the channel matching is super close almost perfect it will be very interesting to hear. To go back in time I once had a wadia 860x to a spectral dmc 20 preamp to gryphon amp to avalon eclipse speakers with accuton ceramic drivers. The wadia was ok but the koetsu rosewood signature on a tnt turntable literally demolished the cd presentation. I want to be impressed with digital actually hoping.
If not expensive used vinyl records will reappear. # 1 Record cleaner diy or buy huge improvement. #2 turntable with disc clamp.
With modern tech there should be some great affordable phono stages. now this

Thanks for that video. Interesting to watch and hear how they built up the various tracks.

I don't think you'll get digital to sound like LP, unless you record the output of an LP rig digitally. LP doesn't sound like the master tape though digital can. Digital sound over a good DAC and system can be very, very good. Yet it isn't an LP sound.

You'll have one of the better DACs a person could get themselves in the RME.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Topping d50 on its way back to amazon.
To bad it didn't work out for you. Murphy's law at work here I believe.
Thanks for the video, interesting to hear him talk about building the layers. That phasey swooping synth stuff he describes as being buried in the mix made me laugh. It's that "sound" that would pop out and really enhance the recording, if you had a good buzz going on some hallucinogenic drug from back in the day.
At least that's what I've heard. o_O

OP
G

glenhansen

We had just one ADI-2 DAC in stock, listed on three different websites. It sold on another website just hours before you bought it on Ebay. I asked the RME Distributor to send one directly to you today but he just replied that they are out of them for 1-2 weeks. I could offer another $30 discount (refund) if you could wait until then but otherwise we can cancel and give you a full refund immediately. Very sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know which you choose. At this point RME/Synthax already has your address and is planning to ship you one as soon as they have more unless we let them know to cancel. FYI, we also have an open-box ADI-2 Pro with full warranty we could ship immediately for $1250 (normally $1995) -

Price I paid on ebay was $ 950.00 free shipping 30 day returns. Open box sounds fishy ?

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Open box sounds fishy ?
You'll just never know.
No matter what the outcome I'd forever worry over the circumstances of the box being opened.
Never have been able to purchase under those details.
-------------------------------------------------
But I buy used all the time, go figure. LOL

Top Bottom