• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Unpopular Opinions in Music

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
When I hear 'classic rock' these days I just think of buttrock. I had a part-time job where I had protective headphones that had a built-in radio on them so I got to listen to a rock radio station through most of my work days. They really just played the same 70s/80s/90s hits all over again. "Here is Iron Maiden's 'Run to the Hills' for the 15th time today!". I really wonder if those radio hosts wanted to jump out of their office windows from having to listen to the same buttrock hits over and over again.
Some radio stations didn't even use shuffle. It would always be the same order at the same times. I used to like the idea of HD Radio but the most of time, the sound quality is barely max MP3 quality. At least you got more stations ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I would rather listen to 70s to 90s rock hits over and over then listen to modern day radio stations mashing 80s pop songs with modern music. The person that thinks Whitney Houston and Bruno Mars go great together, are the same ones that think french fries should be dipped in shakes.

ta240

Major Contributor
When I hear 'classic rock' these days I just think of buttrock. I had a part-time job where I had protective headphones that had a built-in radio on them so I got to listen to a rock radio station through most of my work days. They really just played the same 70s/80s/90s hits all over again. "Here is Iron Maiden's 'Run to the Hills' for the 15th time today!". I really wonder if those radio hosts wanted to jump out of their office windows from having to listen to the same buttrock hits over and over again.
Back in the day of DJs, I had a professor that said you take the job they offer and turn the volume down while the songs play.

Top Bottom