• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Sound Measurement Results

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes line outs or digital outs should be good, but so much cost cutting involved you never know. I had an early HDTV from Mitsubuishi which had two extra line inputs, and would use an internal ADC for Toslink out. The ADC ran 48/16. For a few weeks when between ADCs I ran my phono pre into it to be digitized and sent to my DAC. Sounded just fine.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
The capability of digital broadcast is excellent, but the TVs' sound are a complete joke.

I take the optical out SPDIF from our Samsung panel into a Rotel RDP-980 D/A converter and a Rotel integrated RA-970BX running some floor standing Mordaunt Short three-ways. We cannot listen to TV anymore without decent audio.

For all other audio visual sources, a Dell Zino HD410 (via wifi to the NAS) does duty to the panel via HDMI. The Samsung is set to convert DD etc broadcasts/movies/DVDs/Blurays etc to 16/48 PCM via the optical out. We love it. No surround crap, been there, done that.

Top Bottom