• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Screen and Early Reflections

middlemarch

Forum Donor
Excuses if this has been addressed in other threads, couldn't find any on a cursory search.

Like many, I have a TV screen positioned between my main speakers, in my case a 65 inch between a set of Studio 2s. I've built out the system over the past year and am now looking at what, if anything, I need to do in terms of room treatment. I've got some flexibility there since it's pretty much a dedicated home theatre space.

Discussions regarding treatment mention the importance of early reflection points on the walls as being particularly important. I've already got a thick rug on the floor so that's covered, I think. But with my mains toe'd in at 30 degrees, the nearest early reflection points are the TV screen itself. And I obviously don't want to treat it with anything.

So what's the current thinking on the effects on having a big reflective panel between your mains? Can't be good, but how bad is it?

Thoughts, ideas, studies?

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Move the TV backwards or brings the speakers forward. Having a screen between your speakers is only a major issue if you let the high frequencies strike it directly.

Low frequencies need the most treatment. Thick bass traps for each corner should be the top priority, followed by a ceiling cloud and rear wall absorption.

Top Bottom