• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trump China Taxes Have Hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As you all know, I recently reviewed the Minidsp SHD for review. Today out of the blue I got an invoice from Fedex wanting 1.6% duty on it! It is around $25 I think. I don't recall ever getting hit with taxes on electronics from China. Anyone know if this is the latest Trump import tax or something else?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is a 20 page invoice but still doesn't stay the category aside from "OTHER" after the actual description of the product. The tariff was actually 1.2% but then added $7 processing fee.

JP

Major Contributor
FedEx hit me with the same on my last miniDSP purchase three years ago. They always have, at least for me.

tinger

I get hit with 'duty' automatically when items shipped via Fedex or DHL from Europe and the Far east.
I've never had to pay duty when packages shipped via EMS.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We've always had import duties. A lot of sellers send the item as "gift" or "spare parts" to work around it. If you buy electronics made in the USA but shipped from overseas, you don't pay duties I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom