• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trigger connector for Bryston 3B-SST

Daverz

Major Contributor
Can anyone identify what kind of connector is needed for this 12V trigger socket on a Bryston 3B-SST. Bryston specifies a part number for a screw terminal block that fits it, but I don't necessarily need that, if an already wired connector has sufficient length of wire. Bryston hasn't answered my query about their part, and searching Digi-Key for the right thing is a bit daunting.

bryston-3b-sst-trigger-socket.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 12-02-27 hfe_bryston_3bsst_4bsst_2002_en.pdf.png

AudiOhm

OP
D

Daverz

Major Contributor

Thanks. I found one more piece of info, a guy on Audiocircle who says he was able to find a part that fit on Digi-Key by digging down to "connectors, 4 pin, terminal block, 3.81 centered and screw type". Of course, the Digi-Key part number is no longer valid. :(

Found a pic of a mating socket that looks just like the ones on my Bryston (10 pole in the pic, but same socket geometry). There are plenty of 4 pole ones with 3.81 mm pitch.

61tAkloqiBL._AC_UL480_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

Daverz

Major Contributor
For reference, these fit the Bryston socket:

610IK0+pbAL._SL1050_.jpg

Though now I have 9 more of the plugs and 10 of the sockets.

eric-c

Forum Donor
Having owned a bunch of bryston sst amps and other electronics with triggers, I highly recommend getting the 3.5 mm mono female screw terminal jacks and pig tailing them to Phoenix connector on the bryston amps. Some electronics triggers will use raw wire like bryston, most others 3.5 mm mono female. The pigtailed 3.5 mm female jack makes everything standard and super easy to connect and reconnect.

Amazon 3.5 mm female jacks

Top Bottom